Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just got my first Keltec, a brand new .40 Sub 2000 that takes glock mags. This one appears to have some barrel issues, and I'm wondering if these are common or normal for these guns, or if I just got a bad one? I have contacted Keltec already and will be sending it back to them, just wondering what to expect.

The issues are:
- The bore is pitted in front of the chamber. I can only assume bad barrel steel.
- The chamber is offset from the bore, enough that the rifling extends all the way to the chamber on one side.
- The rifling looks really shallow, only a few thousandths deep. Is this normal?

Some of the pits:

Offset chamber:

·
Super Moderator
17,762 Posts
No that is no normal. Kel-tec subcontracts their barrel manufacturing and that one never should have made it to them. If you've had it less than 90 days call them and they should send you a return tag.

ETA: Your first post was hidden due to you're having posted a picture in it. It's a spam blocking part of our forum software.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got an email that said I'll get a return tag shortly.

Good to know that it's not normal at least. It sucks to have to send back a brand new gun (I just got it yesterday and only fired 3 rounds through it) but at least they'll fix it.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
153 Posts
:eek: Wowzers....that stinks. Cant believe that made it out the door. I have two barrels for my Sub, and they both have some pits in the barrels, and scratches and such. But nothing like yours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts