Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys-
First of all, thanks for all of the great info on this site- It has really made my P-3AT my favorite pistol to tinker around with. However......

I've only put about 100 rounds through my 2Gen since buying it used a couple of months ago. My first trip to the range it stopped firing, figured out through this site that the trigger pin was the culprit. It was backed quite a ways out- I put some blue Loctite on the pin and drove it back in as far as I felt comfortable pounding on it. Now, about 75 rounds later, it has started backing out enough every 10 shots or so to start malfunctioning again.

I don't think I got the Locktite as far in as I would have liked the first time, so my question is how to get the pin all the way out so I can put a decent about of blue stuff where it is needed to hold it in place. I love my pistol, but this is starting to drive me nuts. Is there anywhere else the blue Loctite can get from the trigger pin hole to mess things up if I put a good bit in there?

Thanks!
Adam

·
Registered
72 Posts
I accidentally punched my pin through the top of the trigger when trying to push it back in place. Too much wheaties when I was a kid I guess. <G> I cleaned it all up and used blue loctite and fired it 50 rounds with no problems.

John from MD ::)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.