Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since they first came out, I have had three different SU-16s, one A and Two different Bs. Sold the last B about 5 years ago. Now working at a local Gun shop in Commiefornia part time, and a really nice, gently used SU-16CA walked in the door and was put out for sale on consignment. I grabbed it for $650 with 4x scope (which I took off).

I have two AR15s (5.56 and 300 BLK), three Minis (5.56, 300 BLK, and 7,62x39), a Ruger PCC9, Inland M1 Carbine, a PSA AK, and a Springfield Armory M1A, so I don't need another "serious" semi-auto. What I bought it for, was to have as a handy survival rifle in my RV when camping, or when I am backpacking in the Sierras. At 4.7 pounds, its hard to find anything this light and compact that is this powerful.

With a USGI 30 rounder in the stock and factory 10 rounder in the weapon, it will still fold in half and will be discreet. I use 77 grain OTM MK262 MOD1 for my 5.56s (except my 1978 vintage Ruger Mini-14 GB Model with its 1/10 twist barrel)

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Good score, have fun!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked with Kel Tec customer service, and my SU-16 CA was built around 2016, has a 1/7 twist barrel, and all the final structural upgrades they developed.

Digging through my ammo and found I actually have over 700 rounds of IMI's MK262 MOD1 factory, and another 500 77 grain Nosler clone reloads. Good, because I also use it in my pencil barrel Retro GAU-5/P AR-15 build (also 1/7 twist), as well as the new Kel Tec. My 1978 Mini-14 GB (Government Barrel) Model has a 1/10 twist, and I use Lake City M193 55 grain FMJs and PMC Bronze 55 grain PSP in it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Since they first came out, I have had three different SU-16s, one A and Two different Bs. Sold the last B about 5 years ago. Now working at a local Gun shop in Commiefornia part time, and a really nice, gently used SU-16CA walked in the door and was put out for sale on consignment. I grabbed it for $650 with 4x scope (which I took off).

I have two AR15s (5.56 and 300 BLK), three Minis (5.56, 300 BLK, and 7,62x39), a Ruger PCC9, Inland M1 Carbine, a PSA AK, and a Springfield Armory M1A, so I don't need another "serious" semi-auto. What I bought it for, was to have as a handy survival rifle in my RV when camping, or when I am backpacking in the Sierras. At 4.7 pounds, its hard to find anything this light and compact that is this powerful.

With a USGI 30 rounder in the stock and factory 10 rounder in the weapon, it will still fold in half and will be discreet. I use 77 grain OTM MK262 MOD1 for my 5.56s (except my 1978 vintage Ruger Mini-14 GB Model with its 1/10 twist barrel)
Did you have to do any mods to put a 30 round mag inside the stock? Any pictures? Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts