Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My old computer finally bit the dust last week. It was seven years old and could not take it any more, may it rest in peace:rolleyes: I am now on the new one that I have spent the last week updating software that I lost. I had forgotten how much you spend getting everything back like you want it. I bought a cheap computer from Best Buy with the AMD quad processor and 1 TB of hard drive space and then upgraded the power to 600 watts and put a new XFX Radon graphics board on so my granddaughter can run her Adobe C4 Flash and Adobe CS5 Photoshop programs for school. All and all it was a lot of hours spent. Now I can get back to posting again:D

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
Old hard drives make great targets! Glad you're able to post again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Glad to hear your back up and going. I am on an ancient lap top computer that weighs as much as three new desktops. It is on its last leg but I am hoping it will hold out for awhile longer. A new computer is not in the budget right now that is for sure!

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
YEEE HAAA!!!

Jim

BTW , waiting to hear back from Lop.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fortunately my hard drive was not the issue, it was intact and I hooked it up and retrieved all my important files. The motherboard was the culprit this time. I do keep a back up of all my files on flash, but the last 2 weeks before the crash I had not done so. I had some pics that were not saved, and I saved my neck from my other half:eek: when I retrieved them to the new computer.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
I actually cannibalize my old Hard Drives and make Externals out of them to hold all my Non-OS programs, Graphics and Music. That way, in case of a PC (Non Hard Drive) failure, I still have all my 'Stuff'. :)

What good is a Terra-bite C Drive if the PC crashes or you get an OS virus?

Good to hear that you're back up & running Uniongap! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts