Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my problematic P3AT is back at the KT mothership again, after the previous 5 trips and its subsequent replacement, it will be replaced again.

I pulled it at the range, aimed, pulled trigger, click.

looked at it, ejected round, click

tore it down on the table at the range, and found the frame cracked along the slide rail, causing excess play and shift.

back to taking old reliable out of retirement, anyone make a shoulder harness for a sub2k?

between the p3at and not even getting my pf-9, I am starting to become disheartened again.

this sucks. my pocket feels empty and I feel naked already.....

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually, this is trip #7, trip #6 was to get the barrel out of the slide after it was replaced after time #5.

lets not talk about shipping, and no, I have not thought about a p-32, sorry, I want something that might stop something more than a squirrel.

not that a 380 is much better....same size, bigger bullet, better chance of stopping anyways.

·
Registered
239 Posts
rj: I'm feeling your pain as both of my P3's were visiting the mothership at the same time. During that time the glock bug bit and bit hard - I came across two good deals and got them both.

Won't ever feel naked again. Try it...you'll like it!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I would not feel good if I carried a gun that had this many problems. The last thing you want to be doing in a self defense situation is thinking I wonder if this thing is going to fire?

I would try having a talk with Kel-Tec about a complete replacement.  

G

·
rjhauser said:
17, 19, 20, 21, 22 all with steel barrels.

;D

ain't no nakedness there.  if I admitted to owning any.

and I may be taking the grendel out of retirement, it never failed me.
oh I do feel ur pain, my one 380 kt is back to mother kt for the 5th time, this time I am asking for total replacement or refund, whatever floats their boat. One would think after 5 times that they could get it right. eating me up in shipping and I know it is eating kt up in return shipping. I feel ur pain rj This last time in, before I sent it in I gave it to an Indiana State Police fireamrs traing officer over the weekend to see if it might be me (which I knew it wasn't) and to get his opinion. When he brought it back to me after the weekend,well I won't say what he had to say ???

·
Registered
743 Posts
RJ, I would seriously entertain the possibility of karmic retribution. Think back. At some earlier point in your life did you do wrong to a KT product or employee? Or even think bad thoughts? What goes around comes around.

Seriously, though, your patience greatly exceeds my own. I did have a Taurus snubby that was getting frequent flyer miles to Miami (4 trips) before it was fixed. I assumed they'd eventually give up and give me a new one, but surprisingly, they didn't and finally worked things out with the original gun. Hopefully, some day soon your KTs and you will find a peaceful co-existence. Best, DT

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
have sub9's, sub40's, sub2k's, p-11, p-40, p-357, p-3at, su16ca, etc,etc,etc....

all work fine except for this da*n 3at and the pf-9, which I cosider DOA since the dealer won't release it until he is convinced it is right.

so karmic retribution, maybe. i never said I dislike my KT's, I dislike the BS you have to go through to make them reliable and work.

I have never had to "fluff and buff" a grendel, let alone a glock.

never heard of having to "fluff and buff" a pistol until I found the forum.

seems like hocus pocus and magic tricks, and are no match for a blaster anyways in the real world.

do I love my kt's, sure. but I would like to see more testing and development.

that is all.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I don't have a need to ship my gun anywhere - but if I did how much could shipping be?

For some reason I seem to recall some requirement to use FED-X or UPS - OR that you can not ship from the post office.

Is $25-$30 about right?

Can Kel-Tec return it to directly to my home or does it go to someone with a FFL?

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
long and short, high speed hole punch machine parts.

8.00 one way.

insured for 300.00 or so

no need to go through ffl, you can send to the manufacturer or another verified ffl directly, only ffl to ffl can use usps.

shipping guidelines are on the forum somewhere.

and after the first 2 times, kt has been picking up my shipping costs.

·
Banned
4,317 Posts
Had that happen on a P-32 once. Found out when I field stripped it to clean it after a range session. It didn't effect functioning though. K/T replaced the frame with a new one with same sn. Given the K/T's light weight aluminum frame, I'm surprised at how few cracked frames are reported. I believe frame cracking on aluminum pistols has been reported over the years with Colt LW Commander, Star PD, Skyy, Rohrbaugh as well as others.

rjhauser said:
So my problematic P3AT is back at the KT mothership again, . . .
tore it down on the table at the range, and found the frame cracked along the slide rail, <Snip>

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
original was a parked 1st gen

replacement was a hc second gen, got an upgrade for all my troubles.

who knows what the new one will be, pocket parts maybe?

they will make it right, they always do.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
oh wait, I think in keeping with my previous post regarding the pf-9 it is slander time....

gosh darn it, back again, to be replaced again, this thing sucks.

yeah right, guess what, my Kimber went back too, right out of box.

it really doesn't matter how much you pay, stuff happens.

fact is, kimber made it right, no f&b, etc,

KT will make this right too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.