Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long adventure in pocket pistol land I landed back on a P32 today. I bought a P32 about 12 years ago (at least) and then traded it off. It was my very first "pocket pistol" and I figured I would move in to other pocket guns. In that time I've owned and sold LCP 1 and 2, Seecamp 32 and 380, P3AT, multiple NAA mini-revolvers, Beretta 21a and 950, Glock 42, RM380 and Smith Bodyguard. All in a search for the "perfect" pocket pistol. All of them had pros and cons but today I went back to a P32. It's just the perfect (for me) pocket pistol.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Understand how you feel revcov. I've had a wandering eye myself. But what I can't get away from, and must acknowledge is I shoot this little gem better than anything else I've tried in a pocket size pistol. It is my always gun.

I like the way you put it: "perfect (for me) pocket pistol". That's the bottom line. Not what somebody else thinks is better. Only you know what is best for you.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Amen mark40. The small 380s kick too much (for me) and the affordability of the p32 means I can add a second or third to my collection.
I never wanted a .380 for this reason. I have 3 P32's. All Gen 1 and 2 are hard chrome. Pocket carry is very easy with these.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Revcov, my story is almost exactly like yours, except for maybe 1 different one I tried along the way of finding my way back to a P-32. Awesome little gun. I have a pocket holster but also have a "Baby Bet" when I want it on my belt.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I bought a Beretta tomcat years ago and I had issues with it. Took it back to my LGS and traded it in on a G1-P32 in hard chrome. After I got it, I never even considered looking for another gun to pocket carry. I forget I have it in my pocket sometimes.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
I bought a Beretta tomcat years ago and I had issues with it. Took it back to my LGS and traded it in on a G1-P32 in hard chrome. After I got it, I never even considered looking for another gun to pocket carry. I forget I have it in my pocket sometimes.
Yep, when cheating on my P-32, it was a Tomcat. Mistake. You all know the rest of the story.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I've traveled, and continue to travel, a similar (expensive) journey.

My trusty old P32 (circa 1999) is back with Kel Tec for a few problems, but I'm still convinced that my first pocket BUG is my best. I love my Seecamp 32, but it is significantly heavier and has a lousy selection of rounds from which to choose.

Curious about the RM380, though. What didn't you like? I found it just a bit too big for pocket carry, but it is another pistol with which I'll never part. Absolutely, utterly reliable, with whatever rounds I throw at it, dirty or clean. Like the Kel Tec, it ain't particularly pretty, but I know it's always gonna go BANG.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.