Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally carry my wallet in my back right pocket. I don't carry anything in my back left pocket. I carry my iPhone in my front left, and my keys and knife in my front right.

I'm thinking about carrying my P3AT in my back right pocket and moving my wallet to my back left. For those that carry the P3 in your back pocket. What holster do you like? What about sitting? Can you sit comfortably? Can you access the weapon quickly?

Any tips are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If I'm wearing jeans, I carry in my right rear pocket without any kind of holster. Works for me.

Cheers,
Mutha Bob

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone use an Uncle George wallet holster? Looks like a really good option for rear pocket carry.

Although Uncle George doesn't intend it, or endorse it, I would think a left handed holster in the right rear pocket would be very good for a "palm out" draw. Seems to me it would be quicker than a "palm in" draw with a right handed holster.

Opinions? Did I just hi jack my own thread? :)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
you might like M.I.C. holster, watch the videos on YouTube. My 380 with regular mag and I can't tell it's their. Cheap too, 23$ incl shipment ...

I would not set on a kt380, even in a holster...

·
Registered
623 Posts
Back pocket carry is the only way I have ever carried my P3.

I was like you. I carried my wallet in my right back pocket. But, when I purchased my P3, I changed my wallet to my left back pocket and put my P3 in the right.

It feels like a wallet, which, for most guys means you don't feel it. You just sit and you won't even know it's there.

Here is my home made holster.

My wallet is on the left and holster and gun on the right.

I added a leather anti-print panel, which I highly recommend. Otherwise, in jeans you will end up with a permanent print of the gun on your pocket. It just seams to lighten in the area around the gun.

I have now replaced the leather panel with a thin plastic one that looks more like a wallet when in my pocket. I don't have a picture of that new panel.

This is a great way to carry your P3 and getting it out is fast and easy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Obviously many of you have been carrying in the back pocket for a while. I too was considering back pocket carry. My pop is an LCP owner and I was discussing it with him. He is very active on the elsiepea site. He stated that there a couple instances where the rails on the receiver are showing fatigue or even cracking from back pocket carry. I will see if he will email the thread link to me.

·
Registered
9,394 Posts
We had a post awhile back, thankfully without pictures, of a ktoger who took a nasty fall on the ice. He said he got a p3at sized and shaped bruse on his back side. We were willing to take him at his word. He said the gun was unfazed and worked fine. I'm in my 5th year of back pocket carry without a problem due to the carry method.

Lop

·
Registered
28 Posts
I carried a P3AT in my back right pocket every day for tree years. That is tell my wife stole it since it is the only thing she seems to be able to carry on her person. I use a Desantis Pocket holster to help remove the outline. I like it because the outside was made from a material that did not allow it to come out when the gun was drawn, as well the inside is made of a nylon material that did not snag on the two pieces of grip tape I had on it.
I did not have problem sitting MOST places however when you are limited to a hard plastic or metal seat it does become slightly uncomfortable. Depending of how loose your pants or shorts are it can some times be move far enough to the right that most of the pressure is taken off. I hope this helps you in the search for the perfect holster. For me it was a long search that ended in me having lots of decent options in a drawer and a $15 dollar pocket holster that was used 95% of the time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an inside the pocket holster from wally world that has course material outside and slick inside. Its seems to work well but I may go to ankle carry because I am "all gut, no but" and my britches doesn't always stay up without my belt cranked down.

Randy

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Picked up a Desantis Nemesis at Cabela's today. Been carrying the P3 around in that in my back pocket for a few hours. Really comfortable. Even while sitting.

·
Registered
623 Posts
That is a great choice, but you will want an anti-print panel.

Take a look at the pants in the post right after your op. You can see the outline of the P3 in every pocket. The antiprint panel will keep this from happening. Here is that picture again.

·
Banned
44 Posts
I carried a JA-22 in my back pocket for several years. I simply used a size 3 Wally World "in the pocket" holster. When I bought my Kel Tec I bought a new Size 3 Wally World holster. I haven't had any problems with either gun. I have no wear marks on my jeans. When I get into a vehicle I do take the gun out of my pocket. It's hard for me to get anything out of my pants pockets when strapped in with a seat belt.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
i back right pocket carry my p3at. have been doing so for 11 years. i use a uncle mikes pocket holster size zero (three of them over the years) and a home made leather holster (two of them over the years). my next holster will be the galco pocket holster. i also got the belt clip on the gun, but i don't use it much.

·
Banned
44 Posts
I have seen a lot pocket carry holsters on Ebay at good prices.

I don't know if this is a coincidence but I put my JA22 and holster in the tool box of my truck. After riding around in the tool box for a month or so the holster looks like new. I wish I had taken picture of the holster before I put it in the tool box.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looking at those pictures, I would be hard pressed (no pun intended) to state unequivocally that that was the print of a pistol. I would imagine a LEO might recognise it as such, but no one, un familiar with pocket pistols would even take a second look. But, being a Texan, I DID recognise the round shape of a snuff can.....LOL

I carry mine in the front pocket when in jeans and in my boot in an ankle houlster when dressed for a funeral.

·
Registered
9,394 Posts
Looking at those pictures, I would be hard pressed (no pun intended) to state unequivocally that that was the print of a pistol. I would imagine a LEO might recognise it as such, but no one, un familiar with pocket pistols would even take a second look. But, being a Texan, I DID recognise the round shape of a snuff can.....LOL

I carry mine in the front pocket when in jeans and in my boot in an ankle houlster when dressed for a funeral.
I' agree. If you look at my first post with pictures, the holster has a panel of cedar wood. Very light, and squares out the print. The identifiable points at the top of the pocket would be covered by a print panel, but like all things, there aint no such thing as a free lunch. The anti print panel makes grabbing the gun trickier. Been there, tried that. Not saying you shouldn't, just saying it carries a cost. The patch on the back pocket is the trick to hiding it as wear makes it print more. I tried an iron on patch on the inside of the pocket, but couldn't get that to work.
Jimis, you didn't see a snuff can print in my pocket. I may be dumb, but i'm not dumb enough to waste time and health on tobacco. And just incase any of you didn't know I'm a wiseazz, a quick story showing I come from a long line of wiseazzes. When my younger brother was in high school, they outlawed snuff. Suspension to even have it in your pocket on school property. Well, my brother, a kinded spirit, dosen't use any tobacco either, but I did go to school with a roll of electical tape in his back pocket until the 'busted' him. :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Jimis, you didn't see a snuff can print in my pocket. I may be dumb, but i'm not dumb enough to waste time and health on tobacco. And just incase any of you didn't know I'm a wiseazz, a quick story showing I come from a long line of wiseazzes. When my younger brother was in high school, they outlawed snuff. Suspension to even have it in your pocket on school property. Well, my brother, a kinded spirit, dosen't use any tobacco either, but I did go to school with a roll of electical tape in his back pocket until the 'busted' him. :D
Well, that semicircle above the "V" in the stitching looks like you were carrying something similar in size and shape to a snuff can.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts