Back pocket carry holster

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by BorisTheBlade, Jan 6, 2008.

1. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    I don't carry back pocket, but I have two different ones from K&D that were made for back pocket (work in front pocket two.

The first is a bifold wallet. the slimest

the next is a bifold pannel for the 2n1 defender.

2. danger831

danger831 New Member

Mar 6, 2007
    I carry this one great holster carry in my back pocket with shirt tucked in no problem. I even carry my allen wrench between the holster and the extra leather flap to adjust my armalaser at the range(I kept forgetting it).It took me about a month to get use to carrying my wallet it my left pocket but no problem now wallet in left pocket even when I am not carrying. Bought my dad one for Christmas.

http://www.pocketholsters.com/Kel-Tec_Pocket_Wallet_Holster/kel-tec_pocket_wallet_holster.html

3. FLA2760

FLA2760 Active Member

Aug 22, 2005
    My P32 is in my back pocket as  I type this. It rides in the Desantis "Trickster"which is a   leather  holster that looks like a wallet ( read gun does not print at all) They have one for the P3AT too.  Good buy.  :cool:

http://www.desantisholster.com/021.html

4. det.pat

det.pat Guest

i carry in a guru too, have been for years and love it.

5. paulpetricas

paulpetricas New Member

Oct 5, 2007
  6. jdeere_man

jdeere_man New Member

Jun 2, 2007
  7. Thanks for all the help guys. I think I will try to get the one on ebay first, then try either K&D or pocketholsters.com. Thanks again.

8. 98_1LE

98_1LE New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    I find that the P3AT is too tall/long for rear pocket carry. The pocket covers the gun up, but not enough to let the pants tuck in over the gun. This makes is so someone in line behind me at a store has a clear view of the back of the gun. Not good, and nothing a holster can fix.

Your pockets may vary.

9. Buck

Buck New Member

Feb 10, 2007
    The top of the gun does stick up too much in my Levi's. So, I had a piece of black leather sewn into the top of a bifold wallet to cover the Kel-tec. The gun rides on the inside of my wallet so there is no image on the jeans. Works great and cost about 3 bucks.

10. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
  11. CC_Dave

CC_Dave New Member

Jun 16, 2007
    I have a Guru also and I love it. I carry in the front pocket with the panel and there is no print. Looks like a wallet.

12. I have a GURU DAVE convertible, and use it from time to time.  It is well made and I do like it, but it is not my prefered carry method.

[​IMG]

13. Youngblood

Youngblood Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    IIRC, this holster only cost me ~$10 ...

[​IMG]

Fits perfectly in the back pocket of my 33x32 501s.

14. wcgoble

wcgoble Banned

Oct 23, 2007
    Check out recent Cheaper Than Dirt catalog, there is an inexpensive pocket holster for about six dollars.
    I'm breaking mine in as we speak. I had been using a Grandfather Oak Kydex, but after a while it started rubbing the park off of the gun in places.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ZAA917-66092-2142.html

15. lagerbrewer

lagerbrewer New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Did you sew the pouch for the mag yourself or did it come like that?

16. forestranger

forestranger Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2008
    NC
    regular ol' DeSantis has worked fine for me front or back pocket. Stays in place well. Think it cost $10-15.

17. snaredog

snaredog New Member

Jan 30, 2007
    I also carry in back pocket in a K&D Pocket Defender Convertible 2 in 1. Sometimes I'll remove the back part and carry in my Carhartt vest pocket.

18. wcgoble

wcgoble Banned

Oct 23, 2007
    As far as back pocket carry, I worry about the back end of the slide with its' serial number peeking out, and I feel more comfortable with a front carry. Something about having the weapon behind me, and I don't like sitting on the little bulge. Conceivably someone could get a hand on the gun without one being able to protect/project it. Of course one could turn the pocket holster upside down, in which case it more resembles a nylon wallet, etc.

19. GMax

GMax New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Mine sits in a Desantis Nemesis or a Grandfather Oak depending on the pants. I only wish the Nemesis gripped the gun a little better. It just drops in and there is really nothing holding it in other than gravity. Rear pocket is perfect for me.