Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back with NO failures out of about 40-50 rounds.

Only had a slight smiley indentation on the bullets I checked.

Aim not the best but will get better.

Very happy with my purchase now, could not ask for more.

I likey! :)

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
I don't think the BGs will complain about the smilies :D A lot of these do that but funtion 100%. Now get some pics of those targets and gun up here ;)
We like pics
Welcome on board

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not well verst on how to add photos. I have not figured it out yet. When I figure it out I will post, just don't laugh when I post photos of my poor targets nearly unscaved. Tom

G

·
regrip said:
... just don't laugh when I post photos of my poor targets nearly unscaved.  Tom
I did not see any thing to laugh at Tom, and I am betting if that was a bad guy instead of a target, the bad guy would not be laughing either!

An 8.5 " X 11" piece of paper is about the same as my COM.

Clean, Lube, Shoot, Repeat.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Tex, I owe you big time if this works!

Russian SKS

And I think I works!

I tried posting this picture about a dozen times in the past and could never get it to work until I read your instructions.

Thanks again.
unit

G

·
regrip said:
I am not well verst on how to add photos. I have not figured it out yet. When I figure it out I will post, just don't laugh when I post photos of my poor targets nearly unscaved.  Tom
heh don't worry about posting photos, just tell them that every shot goes into the same hole, they will get the picture
:p

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
unit1069 said:
And I think I works!
Nice looking SKS. What flavor?

·
Registered
717 Posts
TxCajun said:
[quote author=unit1069 link=1188952302/0#11 date=1189125007]And I think I works!
Nice looking SKS.  What flavor? [/quote]

I'm not sure what you mean by "flavor".  It was made in 1951.  From other photos of SKSs I think it was manufactured at the Tula factory.  Someone who knows SKSs can probably say more about this than I can.

·
Registered
717 Posts

I shot it a few times after I bought it, but haven't shot it in eight and a half years.  I keep it locked up in a cool, dry place and take it out every couple of months and check on it.  I run a light bit of oil over the metal and spray a little into the receiver occasionally.  This past Spring I took the trigger out and it looked good; sprayed it down with Du-Lite and put it back.

When I get the urge to shoot it I go with my buddy to the range and shoot his Chinese SKS.  His shoots very well and if I see a good price on one I'll get it and shoot that one for fun.  

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
I thought it might be Russian (flavor). Nice one. :cool:

·
Registered
717 Posts
TxCajun said:
I thought it might be Russian (flavor). Nice one. :cool:
Thanks, Tex.

The SKS is right now the only "collector" item I own, out of a grand total of three weapons. :)

I have had several people offering nice money for it but I have so little in it I just can't see parting with it except in a real money emergency.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.