back at the range

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by flphotoguy, Oct 22, 2010.

1. flphotoguy

flphotoguy New Member

Apr 29, 2008
    I don't fire my P3AT at the range that often but wanted to make sure it was still working fine and I had no problem with 50 rounds of Georgia Arms reloads. It was nice to know that the gun is still reliable.

2. rhinokrk

rhinokrk New Member

Feb 20, 2008

Hope you clean that little sucker more often than you shoot it ;)

3. Picatinny_Pete

Picatinny_Pete New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Hi,

Its a good idea to test your pistol every so often. I like the P3AT but ran into a magazine problem at the range when my sister was shooting. It was easily fixed when I got home, but its good to find this stuff out before you need your P3AT in a dire situation. Thanks for the range report.

Best Wishes: :)

4. kmunch

kmunch New Member

May 13, 2008
    I bought a brand new P3AT was carring it like a fool witout test firing. (my 32 was awesome) I took it out 2 dayes after buying and I get alot of misfires after a couple of calls to kel tec I have a firing pin, firing pin spring, hammer spring and an extractor screw on its way. Although these are nice little guns dont bet your life on them without frequent testing!

5. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    After break-in; shoot a little, carry a lot   :cool:

Wheelguy - who just realized it's past time to go to the range again  :-[. Guess I'll take all carries this time - including the KT P3AT, Kahr P380, and SW 357. Sweet, precious, range time...

6. Kapuna

Kapuna New Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Did a little creative trading into a brand new P3AT with the parkerized slide and barrel...
    Had to clean a little parkerizing off the ramp, then off to the range...
    Fired off 50 rounds of WWB ammo with no problems at all...
    Now to just smooth out my trigger pull on this little jewel for better accuracy....  ;)

7. gbarber010

gbarber010 New Member

Jun 21, 2005
    Prattville, AL
    Kapuna,
    I just got my new P3AT in parkerized. No polishing, just got good cleaning and lubing. 75 rounds fired no problems. Checked my feed ramp on the barrel, those 75 did the polishing for me. Great little pistol.