b-board clock

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by randomguy, Apr 21, 2005.

1. randomguy

randomguy New Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Now, I'm 99% sure that the board has always kept Eastern zone time. However, in the last week or so, I've notice that it's now on Central time (one hour behind). Is this because:
    1)it was changed accidentally during the recent fun/upgrades?
    2)it was changed intentionally?
    3)it didn't adjust for the recent time? (I'd think that it would take care of this on its own, but you never know).

I'm just curious. It's not that there's anything wrong with other time zones, it's just that EDT is better. ;D ::)

2. CA-guy

CA-guy New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    And I thought it kept Pacific Time. I think it keeps time depending on where you are. I show your post at 9:47 AM. What time did you post it in your time zone?

CA

3. randomguy

randomguy New Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Yep, right after I posted I changed the setting in my profile so that the correct time is displayed. But I could have sworn that it was correct up until the past week or two. Oh well, if it didn't happen to anyone else, obviously it's just something with me. It's fixed anyway. Thanks CA.

4. Tech Admin

Tech Admin New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    It's was indeed your locality that decided to mess with their clocks recently.
    Most of the world didn't mess with their clocks that day and the forum software
    doesn't keep track of where you live and what day, if any, you abritrarily play with
    your clock. Even those localities that do DST all do it on different days.
    Some on April 1st, some on the last Sunday in March, some onm the second Saturday in March,
    some even in January.

5. randomguy

randomguy New Member

Jan 29, 2005
    LOL. Fair enogh. I suppose that makes sense. Thanks Ray. ;D