Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried either the front or rear pocket holster with the P3AT? I'm thinking of ordering the package special with one of each.

How do these compare with the Hendley, FIST and others?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I would say that the Azrael ones are mainly for functionality, and the Hedley (while funtional also :) ) more on the nicely finished and crafted side.

Fist I'd say probably something in the middle... But they are a bit larger and will likley be slower to ship and less prone to allow customizations.

There is also K&D (who also posts here) that will do cusomizations for you.

Each maker has their own style :) .

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have never tried the Oblivion. I can vouch for my RJ Hedley front pocket rig. The fit is perfect and the quality of craftmanship is excellent. Go to his site and take a look at his new Limited Edition for the P3AT. That holster is a beauty.

I am sure that the Oblivion is a good holster. Just offering my 2 cents worth of advice.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm very pleased with my Hedley. One of the thing you'll note in my photo below is that the leather does not come up to the top (or, for that matter, above) the top of the pistol...as does the one you originally asked about. One of the advantages of that is quickly realized when one bends over or sits down and doesn't have leather jabbing their pelvis. Plus the slimmer and rounder lines of the Hedley also aids in comfort and print masking. All this of course refers to front-pocket carry only; I can't comment on rear-pocket carry.

Plus, it sure is purdy... :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just ordered a K&D pocket defender, basic model. It's 35 buckazoids + 5 shipping. The web site displays it as square like a wallet. I noticed on this site under accessories there is a post by K&D showing a new design. I noticed this after I ordered. I then sent email to them asking for the new version and they said all shipments are indeed the new model, that their website is just not updated to reflect the change. This new model looks like it will fit better in the front pocket. It has one bottom corner rounded. I don't see how anyone can use a rear pocket carry. What do you do when you sit down? Sit on your gun? Ouch! I don't even like to carry my wallet in the back, I carry it in the front left pocket. I don't like bumps. Not in my mattress, nor when I sit.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
actually it depends on the size of your rear pockets, and the shape of your chair. If the chair raps around the sides of your butt, you will feel the pistol more.

but if you picture it, the slide is toward the outside, and you sit more on the center of your butt which is the free area under the tip of the barrel. Not to bad, but I like the front better myself.

·
Registered
107 Posts
yeah. yzguy and me like the front! seriously, I can't stand anything in the back. I am super looking forward to the newly designed K&D front pocket holster. I have done a lot of looking on the internet and their's seems the best choice.

·
Registered
449 Posts
mastercrasher said:
Take a look at "banderagunleather". The holster is incorporated into a really nice belt. It works on my P3AT, Glock26 and Browning BDA380. Super conceal and comfortable.

Welcome to the board, but did you notice that you replied to a 2 year old thread? I hope he's still not looking for a holster. ;D

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Geez, someone cranked up the WAYBACK machine. This thread is 2 years old. :eek:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Responding to a 2 year old post like it was yestersday deserves a #6.

Taggart: I got it. I got it.
Hedley Lamarr: You do?
Taggart: We'll work up a "Number 6" on 'em.
Hedley Lamarr: "Number 6"? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that one...
Taggart: Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a whampin' and whompin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.
Hedley Lamarr: You spare the women?
Taggart: NAW. We #$%^ the *!%# out of them at the Number 6 Dance later on.
Hedley Lamarr: Marvelous.

Just kidding ;D

·
Registered
858 Posts
brett30030 said:
Responding to a 2 year old post like it was yestersday deserves a #6.

Taggart: I got it. I got it.
Hedley Lamarr: You do?
Taggart: We'll work up a "Number 6" on 'em.
Hedley Lamarr: "Number 6"? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that one...
Taggart: Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a whampin' and whompin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.
Hedley Lamarr: You spare the women?
Taggart: NAW. We #$%^ the *!%# out of them at the Number 6 Dance later on.
Hedley Lamarr: Marvelous.

Just kidding ;D
Brett, d--n shame, I didn't go with "Mongo" for my ktog.org handle.

"It's HEDLEY!!"
;D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.