Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Big Town (Dallas, TX) gunshow had about a dozen Hard Chrome P-3AT on dealers tables today. Schrams table had hard chrome slides with black, green and gray grips all priced at $289. While that seems a bit high, Parkerized were only $15 cheaper and Plain Jane P-3ATs had $236 price tags. We were with relatives looking to buy other guns, so I didn’t have time to check prices at all tables but it appears prices may have crept up a bit.

Wilson – who’s proud that he restrained himself from buying another HC P-3AT :)

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
The Saxet Gun Show in Austin today had exactly one hard chrome - a P-32. All others were blue and a few parkerized. Most the P-3AT serial numbers seemed to start with a "J". No PF-9s. Saw one SUB-2000.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Hey Wilson... Of course those were "asking prices", we hope.

Alamo... The SAXET lost their lease here in S.A. and may not be back until May. :(

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
TxCajun said:
Alamo...  The SAXET lost their lease here in S.A. and may not be back until May.   :(
They moved in to a new location in Austin some time back. The show wasn't very good today. Ususally, there are a few tables of milsups rifles purchased from AIM, SOG or
Century. Not today. I saw just 2 91/30s at the whole show for $160. I wanted to check them out for purchase direct through AIM. These were rarer models since they were so high.  I wanted to see a representative sample of what I might end up with.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Yea, I went to the old locatin at the Austin show once and the new one the first time they went there. The usual Milsup guy was here 2 weeks ago and he had a new shipment of Mosins, probably 2 dozen or more. They were all 91/30s and M44s. He also had a (non-original) sniper version. Many of the Mosins he had then looked pretty good. None were really beat up or anything.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Gun show asking prices -

I have been to many many gun shows over the years - have seen people try and negotiate a lower price at least a 100 times - never has anyone had any luck getting the price down on a new gun - and a few times the when the customer kept trying after being told no - the seller got down right nasty - throwing the F bomb and telling the customer to - well use your imagination.

Maybe this is because I am normally at the show early on the first day - maybe if you waited until late on the last day it would be different.

Anyone ever have any luck negotiating a lower price?

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Yes! I have been successful on a couple of occasions getting the asking price to become the out-the-door price on NIB guns. Essentially, they throw in the tax but 8.5% is a decent discount off what is usually a cheaper than gun shop price. Often on the used guns, you are foolish to pay what they are asking. They almost always come down.... at least at our shows. YMMV. :-/

What really bugs me is the arrogant dealers that don't even put a price on their guns. Often, I won't even talk to them as they are invariably over-price. Since they don't put a price on their stuff, I think they quote you a price based on what you look like you may be willing to pay. :-/

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
What really bugs me is the arrogant dealers that don't even put a price on their guns. Often, I won't even talk to them as they are invariably over-price. Since they don't put a price on their stuff, I think they quote you a price based on what you look like you may be willing to pay.

agree with you on that was at a show in Ft Worth last week looked at a used p3at the old boy had no price on it asked him what he wanted for it says 250.00 said OK thanks did not try to dicker moved on to next table young guy picked it up did not ask how much guy pops off ill take 220.00 for it to the kid bite my tongue and moved on but toasted me good that the assH*le fig make a few more bucks off me.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
as I told my son yesterday, SO THE DEALER COULD HERE,

Bob: dad, can I have that?

Sure, Bob. No problem, except he doesn't have a price

Dad: Well, we could ask

#2 Son (Mike): But that just means he will make it up as we go along, and try to rip us off.

moved to the next table, guy came down 50% on what we wanted, and that price was marked.

and threw in something for the boys too, although if mom found out i would be in trouble....

i KNOW i will be back there again, see him at every show, and will definitely buy from him again.

some people think they can get away with that, but not with me....hopefully teach the boys that too.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alamo said:
The Saxet Gun Show in Austin today had exactly one hard chrome - a P-32.
The only two hard chrome P-32s I noticed yesterday were also on Schrams table. One black grip and one gray, with both priced at $289, just like the P-3ATs.

I sure wish we had time to look around more but the relatives were after Glocks & Mossbergs. The wife kept pushing me along as it was well past lunch time with everyone’s stomach growling but she managed to find time to pickup another CC purse :-/

Wilson – who’s wallet was thinner although his hands were empty

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Yep, invariably, when I have asked prices on guns that were not marked, they were way high. So now, it's no price - no speak. :-X Just keep walking.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TxCajun said:
I have been successful on a couple of occasions getting the asking price to become the out-the-door price on NIB guns.
After finding the lowest price in the show it’s real hard to get the dealer to knock anything off. The daughter In-law paid $219 for a NIB 12ga Mossberg, pistol grip, 500 Persuader, which they claimed only had a $20 markup. They did however knock $10 off of her Glock 30 ($431).

Wilson – who’s wishing that gunshow wasn’t 75 miles away, so he could go back today without relatives :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
guy came down 50%? Is that on a new gun?

I try and do a little 'homework" before the show - and if someone has a gun I want - but marked with a high price I normally just walk on by - I have never seen a new gun priced high enough so that the price could be reduced by that much. Most of the new guns are close in price between dealers - but I have seen a $50 difference a few times - but on a gun priced over $500.

I saw a few used P-3ATs that were priced HIGHER than new ones - maybe I should just offer a $100 and see what happens!

I think part of the problem with negotiating at a gun show is there are so many customers around - and the dealer does not really want everyone to overhear him dropping his price. Because then EVERYONE will start asking for a discount.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
I find just counting out crisp $100 dollar bills often works to get a better price.

They see up front:
*You aren't just another one of hundreds of "lookers" they have already lost their voice talking too.
*You don't just want to argue and handle their guns.
*Are serious about buying.
*No check to worry about.
*Have a cash offer laying on the table.

Once the $100 bills start coming out, the sparkle comes back in their eyes, and their ears perk right up!
They will often take it if they can afford to sell the gun cheaper then it is marked.

Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't!

rcmodel

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Hay cant beat this dill I'm getting on a p3 went to range with son and grand sons after doing fluff and buff on his p3 put a good 100 rd threw it no problems first time Ive shot it kicks a little more than my p32 but feels great with the shock kit and grip cover i put on it for him but it still drives him nuts that it has no slide lock back when empty so I told him I would give him a 100.00 for it he says no I can have it when he finds him a new carry of close to same size knowing him he will be at gun show next week so will have me a new p3 with only 200 Rd's threw it. cant beat the price FREE. ;D

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Wilson said:
The daughter In-law paid $219 for a NIB 12ga Mossberg, pistol grip, 500 Persuader...
Drooling with envy over daughter in-law (ok, over gun deal, not daughter in-law herself) and laughing my pa-tooty off over wife and new CC purse. That was EXACTLY how my last gun show went.

-Scott

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.