Attaching a picture

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by Wilson, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Hi . . .
    . . . a Newbie question.

Is there a simple way of attaching a picture to be displayed with my post? On very very rare occasions I might consider displaying one of my P-32s or P-3ATs with a NAA finger extension to emphasize a benefit.

Wilson – who’s personally offend by the hacker taking away his senior status

2. KCSteve

KCSteve New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Hmmm...

Let's see if I can figure one out for you:

Aha!  Fourth little graphic image on the middle line of 'tools' above this reply shows 'Attach Image' when you pause your mouse cursor over it.  Now let's see what happens when I click it:

Ok, gave me the standard pair of 'img' links.  Probably need to put a full URL inside those so let me grab a random one...

[​IMG]

Now let me preview that to check...

And hey!  It works!

There you go Wilson, now we can once again see what a finger extension looks like (and for the real newbies, it's not near as dirty as it sounds)

<edited to add>

Weird!  It worked in the Preview but not after I posted - the posted version showed a couple characters dropped out of the middle of the URL.  Let's see what happens when I post again after this edit (which showed the correct URL in the text)

<edited again>

Ok, I think I see the problem, based on what it's doing to my signature. Apparently the 'nanny' section of this board has an automatic problem with my last name. Will a moderator please tell it that "D Y K E" is part of a perfectly good Dutch name? That should fix the sample image for folks as well as the link to my simple site.

3. Tech Admin

Tech Admin New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    For now, at least, the only way to post a pic is to
    already have it on the web somewhere and post
    a link to it. In all likelihood it won't be too long before
    someone hires me to setup this type of forum on their
    site, then they can pay me to program photo upload
    capability for their site and I'll add it here as well.

4. Tech Admin

Tech Admin New Member

Apr 6, 2003

It's now officially OK to be a Dyke here on Ktog. ;)

5. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    I think you are trying to tell me something. Could it be that, I can no longer upload pictures from my computer directly to the Forum? Are you saying I must now find a place on the WWW to store my pictures, then link that URL to this Forum. This could take major effort for a guy that usually just points and shoots.

What if my pictures get HACKED??
    A naked gun!
    That could be embarrassing!

Wilson – who’s now wondering if all the bragging is worth it

6. KCSteve

KCSteve New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Thanks! Although I am, of course, a Van Dyke. This is just another case where my insisting on the embedded space screws up a system. ;D

(Best joke on my last name: What do you call a lesbian truck driver?)

7. 3crom

3crom New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    I cant even get my avatar posted let alone a picture,not that I've ever been able to post a picture anyway! dave

8. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    OK, lets see if I got the HC Gray P-3AT uploaded

[​IMG]

Wilson – who’s now wondering about his little Avatar

9. adversary13

adversary13 New Member

Sep 7, 2004
  10. yzguy

yzguy New Member

Sep 9, 2004
    yeah, I used to mess with the whole photo hosting thing, but the free ones kept not letting me post directly in a forum. Then I actually PAID for that ability, then they went out of business... so I said screw it and started my site. It was originally just for hosting my pics.... :)

11. Mod_Man

Mod_Man New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Well my Cable comes with some insane number of megs or gigs or somthing but I can't figure out how to upload to it. I uploaded one pic and that is the only image I can post LOL.

12. reichenhall

reichenhall New Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Wilson where did you get the Mag Extension on your Weapon, The name of it Please.

13. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    It’s a NAA (North American Arms) Guardian finger extension. While requiring 10 seconds and fingernail clippers to modify, I prefer it to the Bersa, which fits without modification. The NAA is thinner and more Stylish as compared to the Bersa which feels like a wedge separating my fingers. See for more information http://1bad69.com/keltec/p3at-fingerrest.htm

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Wilson – who’s still looking for his commission check from NAA