Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
738 Posts
true but it may point to other sources and sources a "credible" as the CDC are now admitting info that is troubling enough to lend credibility to sources once labeled as cranks by those same government sources. Sorry about the repetitive use of "sources". When data on vaccine testing is made secret for 75 years and blanket immunity is given to producers of said vaccines while 4.1 TRILLION has been spent on covid relief (USAspending.gov) one might wonder how much has been funneled into pockets with less than altruistic purposes. This gives one reason to suspect the worst about other government edicts.

· Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
@terry_tr6 , this thread is about the ATF and not the CDC, about gun regulations and not a viral pandemic, and indicated in my post that I had no intention of misdirecting this thread. I have no intention of engaging in an off topic discussion that will get this thread deleted by the moderators.

· Registered
102 Posts
We don't need to have congress tell them how to interpret the NFA. We need congress to END the NFA.

Of course, we'll have to wait until the Usurper Bidet is gone and we get a chance at having the legislation signed.

For now, our salvation is Clarence Thomas running herd in SCOTUS.

· Registered
3 Posts
SCOTUS curbed the EPA's ability to regulate the energy industry in a similar decision. Regulatory overreach is an ongoing problem, not the least in the ATF.

Congress has this habit of abrogating their responsibilities, most often due to a lack of interest in actually solving problems when they can continue to get donations and reelected by doing the opposite.

· Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
SCOTUS curbed the EPA's ability to regulate the energy industry in a similar decision. Regulatory overreach is an ongoing problem, not the least in the ATF.

Congress has this habit of abrogating their responsibilities, most often due to a lack of interest in actually solving problems when they can continue to get donations and reelected by doing the opposite.
Yes, the very most likely short-term remedy will be had via the courts. This will be the case for at least two years, as the Dem controlled Senate will not likely pass (or perhaps even vote!) on favorable legislation passed by the House, and Biden would veto it even if they did.

With reference to the YouTube Military Arms Channel (MAC) video at post #23, I note that Tim (the MAC guy who is a favorite of mine and is really knowledgeable about firearms and does terrific range tests) is relying on an interpretation of the law and assumptions about how the law will be enforced made by a third party. Tim, well intentioned though he is, is reporting what he understood from a phone call he received from someone other than the ATF. In other words, this is third-party information. What we do not know is whether the ATF is actually enforcing the new ruling as Tim and his contact think they are.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts