Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my(new to me) 1gen P3AT to the range today to try out some of your suggestions. First: the light strikes went away when I released the trigger as suggested by a bunch of members. Second: Fired Wolf FMJ results FTE and a nice jam on almost every round. Fired Winchester HP results FTE and a nice jam on almost every round.Fired Winchester FMJ results FTE and a nice jam on almost every round. Fired Winchester BEB results fired every round with no problems whatsoever. I picked this up at Wally world when they were out of everything else! Why does this stuff work so well when everything else failed?
Wow, what tight circles! Every shot in the head kill zone at 10 yards.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
crzbiker said:
Took my(new to me) 1gen P3AT to the range today to try out some of your suggestions. First: the light strikes went away when I released the trigger as suggested by a bunch of members. Second: Fired Wolf FMJ results FTE and a nice jam on almost every round. Fired Winchester HP results FTE and a nice jam on almost every round.Fired Winchester FMJ results FTE and a nice jam on almost every round. Fired Winchester BEB results fired every round with no problems whatsoever. I picked this up at Wally world when they were out of everything else! Why does this stuff work so well when everything else failed?
Wow, what tight circles! Every shot in the head kill zone at 10 yards.
Kinda hard to say but each gun seems to have a mind of its own as to what type ammo it will use. Mine shoots WWB from Wally World with no problem and also Corbon DPX.

John

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mine has been fussy too. It fires the Winchester White Box from Wally World without a jam, but Remington, A&E, and Hydrashocks jam fail to feed like crazy. I just got a box of Corbon JHPs that I haven't fired yet. Hopefully they will work.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Mine is 2 yrs old, and likes Rem mc's, Rem Golden Sabres, Corbon 80"s, WWB, and Now, Hornady Critical Defense. Use Rem mc's and WWB's for practice, and Hornady CD's in both mag's. Put 50 rds of Hornady CD's through her last week with no hic-ups. Just my choice.   Jim  <><

S&W K 38 Masterpiece
NAA 22 mag w/fold up holster & clip
Ruger Single Six 22 lr / 22 mag convertable
Taurus mod 85 SS 38 spl
P3at CTlaser, +1 and tractiongrips
(not shown) new P32, and wifes pt22

·
Registered
61 Posts
Easy fix. Get rid of it. Send it back to Kel-Tec and ask them to replace it with a new 2nd generation P3AT. They will as 1st generation P3AT parts are few and far between since they haven't been made in years. I know this works because I just got an old USED 1st generation hard chromed one replaced with a brand new 2nd generation hard chromed one. Another advantage is you won't have to worry about light strikes with the new hammer block. If you pull the trigger at only the first click, the hammer doesn't drop now. The trigger just stops. All you have to do is let it out again to fire. No racking of the slide is required. Not bad for a whole whopping $12 worth of shipping. And the new one runs great! Not one problem with the different brands of ammo, including hollow points, I've run through it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.