At the range

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by crzbiker, Jan 7, 2009.

1. crzbiker

crzbiker New Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Took my(new to me) 1gen P3AT to the range today to try out some of your suggestions. First: the light strikes went away when I released the trigger as suggested by a bunch of members. Second: Fired Wolf FMJ results FTE and a nice jam on almost every round. Fired Winchester HP results FTE and a nice jam on almost every round.Fired Winchester FMJ results FTE and a nice jam on almost every round. Fired Winchester BEB results fired every round with no problems whatsoever. I picked this up at Wally world when they were out of everything else! Why does this stuff work so well when everything else failed?
    Wow, what tight circles! Every shot in the head kill zone at 10 yards.

2. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Kinda hard to say but each gun seems to have a mind of its own as to what type ammo it will use. Mine shoots WWB from Wally World with no problem and also Corbon DPX.

John

3. edsdan

edsdan New Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Is there an ammo that seems to be the most "popular"? It would be nice to start with a smaller choice than to go out and buy 6 different brands.

4. jbabbler

jbabbler New Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Mine seems top love the Remington Hollow Points. I pick them up at Walmart for $31 per 100. Cheaper than ball ammo so I get to practice with what I carry.

5. Mine eat Winchester White Box AND Cor-Bon DPX all day long.

6. sniper7369

sniper7369 New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Williston, FL
    I guess I got lucky, mine eats whatever I put in the magazines. WWB, Cor-Bon, reloads, cast bullet reloads, etc..... :)

7. voigts

voigts New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Mine has been fussy too. It fires the Winchester White Box from Wally World without a jam, but Remington, A&E, and Hydrashocks jam fail to feed like crazy. I just got a box of Corbon JHPs that I haven't fired yet. Hopefully they will work.

8. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Mine is 2 yrs old, and likes Rem mc's, Rem Golden Sabres, Corbon 80"s, WWB, and Now, Hornady Critical Defense. Use Rem mc's and WWB's for practice, and Hornady CD's in both mag's. Put 50 rds of Hornady CD's through her last week with no hic-ups. Just my choice.   Jim  <><

[​IMG]

S&W K 38 Masterpiece
    NAA 22 mag w/fold up holster & clip
    Ruger Single Six 22 lr / 22 mag convertable
    Taurus mod 85 SS 38 spl
    P3at CTlaser, +1 and tractiongrips
    (not shown) new P32, and wifes pt22

9. tallpines

tallpines New Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Easy fix. Get rid of it. Send it back to Kel-Tec and ask them to replace it with a new 2nd generation P3AT. They will as 1st generation P3AT parts are few and far between since they haven't been made in years. I know this works because I just got an old USED 1st generation hard chromed one replaced with a brand new 2nd generation hard chromed one. Another advantage is you won't have to worry about light strikes with the new hammer block. If you pull the trigger at only the first click, the hammer doesn't drop now. The trigger just stops. All you have to do is let it out again to fire. No racking of the slide is required. Not bad for a whole whopping $12 worth of shipping. And the new one runs great! Not one problem with the different brands of ammo, including hollow points, I've run through it.

10. k9pound

k9pound New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Mine is just like me. I'll eat anything I put in front of it. And yes I do have a high capacity plate.