Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were taking a 2 day extended CCL course and our little P3AT's held up great with the Glocks, a Kahr, Ruger and bunch of other larger handguns. One person there did have a P32. The instructor was initially concerned about us doing all of our shooting with the P3AT - thought it might wear our hands out eventually. But we never had a problem blowing through a bunch of ammo. We shot at 25 yards and nailed the target. At 50 yards... it took a few shots, but most folks had difficulty with their handguns at that range. We're enjoying the little P3AT more and more - glad we got the finger extension for 'em! It is a fun gun to shoot.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
huckle said:
We were taking a 2 day extended CCL course and our little P3AT's held up great with the Glocks, a Kahr, Ruger and bunch of other larger handguns. One person there did have a P32. The instructor was initially concerned about us doing all of our shooting with the P3AT - thought it might wear our hands out eventually. But we never had a problem blowing through a bunch of ammo. We shot at 25 yards and nailed the target. At 50 yards... it took a few shots, but most folks had difficulty with their handguns at that range. We're enjoying the little P3AT more and more - glad we got the finger extension for 'em! It is a fun gun to shoot.
Hi,

Thanks for the report Huckle, it's fun to read how the Kel-Tec pistols exceed peoples expectations.  ;D  I wouldn't underestimate any pistol with sights ability to hit at 50 yard with a skilled person shooting.  I do think it shows your skill that you were able to hit the target at that distance with a P3AT.

Best Wishes:   ;)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Picatinny_Pete said:
Thanks for the report Huckle, it's fun to read how the Kel-Tec pistols exceed peoples expectations.  ;D  I wouldn't underestimate any pistol with sights ability to hit at 50 yard with a skilled person shooting.  I do think it shows your skill that you were able to hit the target at that distance with a P3AT.

Best Wishes:   ;)
At 25 yards I was honestly skeptical we'd hit it... but we did. At 50 yards I thought "no way". So, I was pretty pleased when we got at-least 1 round on target. We made a lot of adjustments to our shooting while at the range - helped a lot. We've got ammo that cycles well and the finger extension on the magazine is a plus as well. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
50 yards at a CCL class? What were they trying to get you to do? lol At that range you should be running/running for cover if in a situation you would need your firearm at.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
taphius said:
50 yards at a CCL class? What were they trying to get you to do? lol At that range you should be running/running for cover if in a situation you would need your firearm at.
I think the 50yds was just for fun... just to see if we could do it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
In our CCW class the instructor told us about the "21 foot rule".

Evidently large numbers of LE and Prosecutors think that if a perp is farther away than that, then he's probably not a threat.

If he's shooting at me I still figure he's a threat though.

Of course when he said that I asked why we had to do some shooting at 10 yards to qualify then.

He had no answer.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ka6otm said:

Evidently large numbers of LE and Prosecutors think that if a perp is farther away than that, then he's probably not a threat.

If he's shooting at me I still figure he's a threat though.

Of course when he said that I asked why we had to do some shooting at 10 yards to qualify then.

He had no answer.
Shooting at 50yds was not part of our qualification - just seeing if we could do it - for fun.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Ka6otm said:
That rule really only applies to someone armed with a knife. In the time it takes to draw and shoot, someone with a knife can close that distance and strike most of the time. I've never heard of it being applied to someone armed with a gun (although I wouldn't put anything past prosecutors in some places).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts