Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 50 rds. of very consistent shots, and 2 field strips, 1 for a F+B, and 1 to clean after shooting, I noticed the assembly pin seated under and behind the frame.

If I pull the pin out enough to get the flexible frame back under the frame, it seems to stick out to far.

Questions: Is this bad? Is this bad enough to effect performance? Will it get worse? Should I care?

I thank this forum for all its advice and opinions, they are appreciated.

Tom W.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Check to see if the ASSEMBLY PIN SPRING has slipped out of it's recess. This is part #284. This happens occasionally and you will see the bulge you have. If this is the problem, just put the spring back in the recess, if the bulge doesn't go away, use a hair dryer and heat that area of the grip and press it back in place.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Sprinter1, Part #284 is in the recess and is, according to the manual, "insert the assembly pin at a slight angle in order to push the assy. spring down, and then push the pin completely in." It seems flush when the slide is removed, and assembles great.

I didn't even know about the hair dryer trick, but that's why I come here.

Oh, BTW, who can I get a steel guide rod from? and a mag release?

Thanks again.

Tom W

G

·
I just bought 1 last week and it looks thesame. It looks like the molded the frame after the the pin was put in. it was hard to get out because of the extra material thanks

·
Banned
23 Posts
I think the frame is not molded right. The lip on the frame that is made to stop the pin is sometimes nonexistant and will allow the pin to right up snug to the frame. Cant be good for slide cycling speed to be rubbing slide metal against the head of the assembly pin. I would send it in personally. The pin head should be stopped before hitting the slide. If it isn't causing malfunctions just live with it.

G

·
Mine looks like the assembly pin was put in than the framew as molded over the pin The pin is sort of hard to get out. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.