Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a new owner of the 3AT I have cleaned it twice. Is there a certain secret on how to get the assembly pin back in place after the slide is connected. Any info will help!

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Not going in at all or not all the way?  I push the slide back about 1/4" or more with my left thumb. I then use the end of the pin to push down a bit on the retaining pin just inside the hole and then push the pin in all the way.  That's all there is.

·
Registered
585 Posts
cuda340dbb said:
Is there a certain secret on how to get the assembly pin back in place after the slide is connected?
Once you have the tip in the hole in the grip, it seems to help if you push back gently on the slide to take some of the pressure off the barrel lug.  To get it started, it seems to help to tilt it down slightly.

Getting it out seems easier with a little pressure on the front of the slide too.

It will get easier each time you do it, honest!  ;D

TucsonMTB . . . who hopes this helps

It looks like Alamo was responding while I was fumbling at the keyboard, with similar advice. 8)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.