Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

Registered
Please excuse me for not wetting my panties.
We have been here before.
Nobody else was around in 1994?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban
National 10-round magazine limit? Been there.
AR's and AK's banned? Been there.
Anybody remember what a failure that one was and why?
No.
All anybody had to do was set a box down on the ground, point to it, and say: "This is pre-ban stuff".
You're good to go man! 馃憤
I think there is some wording in there this time saying all hi-cap mags and assault weapons manufactured after the date it goes into law must have the date of manufacture engraved or stamped into the item to show it is post ban and illegal for most of us to own.

Registered
All I see coming out of this is panic buying and higher prices for consumers, it is not going to pass the Senate.
Can they go up any more on ammo?

Registered
I think there is some wording in there this time saying all hi-cap mags and assault weapons manufactured after the date it goes into law must have the date of manufacture engraved or stamped into the item to show it is post ban and illegal for most of us to own.
Done this before. It didn't work. Since I was around, I can tell you why.
After the '94 ban, the manufactures stamped hi-cap mags with "LE" meaning they could only be sold to law-enforcement.
They also made millions without the LE stamp for:
quote.gif
export only
quote.gif
Manufacturers sell to distributors, not stores, not customers.
If you took 200 mags out of a factory box that said: "Export Only", and put them in another box, they magically became 'pre-ban' because they DIDN'T have LE stamped in them.
Absolutely no way to prove that they were not .
Here's where it gets really funny. Remember the millions of mags that were stamped "LE"? After the end of the ban, they all trickled down to civilians in the surplus market after the cops got new ones.
The formerly-illegal-to-own ones, are now going to be one of the few that you can prove are legal to own. Is that messed up or what?
You cannot prove a negative, only a positive.
The same goes for AR receivers. If you are a manufacturer with a safe full of serial numbers from 2020 that haven't been stamped into receivers yet, you can make 2020 guns... for years!

Registered
never say never
Bingo! You can bet the management at Kel-Tec is seriously evaluating the situation.

For me, it's almost funny watching people say, "it'll never get through the Senate", or "they'll never be able to enforce it." Guess what? It's all happened before, the gun-banners have learned a thing or two, and one thing for sure, this time around any new ban won't have a "sunset clause" (expiration date). This time it's for keeps.

You think thay can't get a ban through the Senate? Dream on: they've got 51 votes, and a simple rule change (what the media calls the 'nuclear option') will allow a ban to pass on 51 votes, with no fillibusters, just like judicial appointments. Both DiFi & Chucky built their careers on painting gun-owners (and firearms manufacturers like Kel-Tec) as sleezy scumbags - you want to bet your life savings that they won't change the rules, to pass 'public safety' or 'healthcare-related' legislation like a new gun ban?

And for anyone who's counting on specific individuals to block a ban, just remember ObamaCare. Folks kept saying, "the Catholic members won't ever vote for anything with abortion requirements." What happened? A little back-room arm-twisting, a few legislative favors, some promises that would never be kept (for 'window dressing' & plausible deniability), and - voila! - the legislation passed! If you think "good ol' Joe from WV" will protect gun owners & gun companies, just remember that he WROTE the national gun registration bill that was proposed a few years back, and a gun ban isn't all that different.

Some folks are reading the proposed ban and saying, "this ain't so bad." Guess what? It can get worse, in a split second. The 1994 ban was discussed with a 15-round mag limit, but actually passed with the limit reduced by a full third, down to 10 rounds. If you're thinking you're safe because the current proposal has a "grandfather clause" or doesn't mention your favorite Kel-Tec weapon, think again - that can change an hour before the bill passes, it's suddenly the law of the land, and you're SOL.

Do NOT get complacent, when it comes to your Constitutional & God-given rights...

Reactions: ral357

Administrator
If you haven`t already, contact your congresspeople.

Registered
For some folks thinking they have enough magazines. Magazines are an attritional item. They wear out and need to be replaced on occasion. So at least 5 hi-caps per gun, and preferably 10.

Registered
These were the only Kel-Tec weapons, that I could find, that were specifically mentioned in the assault weapons ban of 2021
page 8 of 125, line 24鈥樷(xv) Kel-Tec Sub-2000, SU鈥16, and RFB.
page 11 of 125, line 22 (ix) Kel-Tec PLR 16 pistol.

In addition, after a laundry list of weapons (described in Paras A thru K), the following on page 13 of 125, line 11 鈥樷(L) Any combination of parts from which a firearm described in subparagraphs (A) through (K) can be assembled. So it seems that even though a grandfathered weapon is allowed, maybe getting parts will be very difficult if not impossible to find.

Registered
You think thay can't get a ban through the Senate? Dream on: they've got 51 votes, and a simple rule change (what the media calls the 'nuclear option') will allow a ban to pass on 51 votes, with no fillibusters, just like judicial appointments. Both DiFi & Chucky built their careers on painting gun-owners (and firearms manufacturers like Kel-Tec) as sleezy scumbags - you want to bet your life savings that they won't change the rules, to pass 'public safety' or 'healthcare-related' legislation like a new gun ban?
Never say never, but I don't think they have 50 votes for this. It's telling that the bill only has 35 Democrat sponsors. A lot of Democrat senators from red states aren't on-board.

Registered
I have seen in the media that the US has 4.6 percent of the world's population but owns 44 percent of the firearms. Doesn't that explain why we have not been invaded since 1814? And we never will be as long as there are weapons in probably 50 percent of the households of this country. Red Dawn my a**.

Registered
Doesn't that explain why we have not been invaded since 1814?
I consider September 11th to be an invasion, I consider Pearl Harbor an invasion. Nazis landed in Cape May, NJ to obtain parts to repair a U-boat.
All depends on your definition of invasion. To me, landing on or attacks while on our soil are invasions.

Registered
well here it comes

Registered
Will... not... happen....
Manchin is a DINO and his vote with the GOP on it will sink it while in Senate. No tie for Harris to break...
Better be careful - the powers that be will sidestep the legislative and judicial process and executive order our rights away if they possibly can!

Registered
executive order our rights away if they possibly can!
That is not how EOs work.
"Like both legislative statutes and the regulations promulgated by government agencies, executive orders are subject to judicial review and may be overturned if the orders lack support by statute or the Constitution"

So they get judicial review to see if they are even legal and Constitutional.

Reactions: RAT76

Registered
That is not how EOs work.
"Like both legislative statutes and the regulations promulgated by government agencies, executive orders are subject to judicial review and may be overturned if the orders lack support by statute or the Constitution"

So they get judicial review to see if they are even legal and Constitutional.
See Ocean_Rangers post - I'm just saying don't fall asleep thinking things CANNOT happen - they can if we are not vigilant

Registered
Anyone ever hear of the Slippery Slope? The Dems are dumping tons of lube into the first EO. It will slide right past any court. JMHO YMMV 馃槬馃槬馃槬

Steve

21 - 35 of 35 Posts