Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Will... not... happen....
Manchin is a DINO and his vote with the GOP on it will sink it while in Senate. No tie for Harris to break...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Seems grandfathering is mentioned in the Bill:
"‘(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession of any large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed on or before the date of enactment of the Assault Weapons Ban of 2021."

and

"‘(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession, sale, or transfer of any semiautomatic assault weapon otherwise lawfully possessed under Federal law on the date of enactment of the Assault Weapons Ban of 2021."

Reactions: BlakeHanson

·
Registered
592 Posts
well, sounds like campus cop might be a good job to get,even part time.
‘(5) For purposes of paragraph (4)(A), the term3‘campus law enforcement officer’ means an individual who4is—5‘‘(A) employed by a private institution of higher6education that is eligible for funding under title IV7of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C.81070 et seq.);

·
Registered
592 Posts
"‘(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession of any large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed on or before the date of enactment of the Assault Weapons Ban of 2021."

and

"‘(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession, sale, or transfer of any semiautomatic assault weapon otherwise lawfully possessed under Federal law on the date of enactment of the Assault Weapons Ban of 2021."
I read inother areas that there will now be a bunch of hoops to jump through to transfer such items or even allow anyone but the owner at time of passage to have access to such things.

·
Administrator
32,080 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
What I saw was that it has to use energy from the fired round to operate the loading of the next round. So, slide action, lever action, pump action and bolt action along with single shot long guns and revolvers will be next. After this common since gun restrictions is passed by the Dems. They have 2 years to get it done. People will change there minds about them and reconsider there vote. I HOPE.

Steve

Reactions: JHB and Alex V

·
Registered
2,803 Posts

and

Please excuse me for not wetting my panties.
We have been here before.
Nobody else was around in 1994?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban
National 10-round magazine limit? Been there.
AR's and AK's banned? Been there.
Anybody remember what a failure that one was and why?
No.
All anybody had to do was set a box down on the ground, point to it, and say: "This is pre-ban stuff".
You're good to go man! 👍

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
you can bet that the elected folks remember what happened after that. I don't have the count but dems lost 50+ seats.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Steering into politics again....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Please excuse me for not wetting my panties.
We have been here before.
Nobody else was around in 1994?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban
National 10-round magazine limit? Been there.
AR's and AK's banned? Been there.
No.
All anybody had to do was set a box down on the ground, point to it, and say: "This is pre-ban stuff".
You're good to go man! 👍
I still had all my "stuff", no one came knocking for it, and to this day I still have it all.
I don't buy many, just what I needed. 2 for close interaction, a room cleaner, a mid distance and a long distance. So I have been outfitted to my taste for a while. Very rare for me to get new acquisitions. To me, any more than what I can carry/bug out with is senseless.
Do any have 15+ mags/capacity? All but the room cleaner and 1 close quarters back up.

Reactions: BlakeHanson

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
That was a historical fact, for those who were too young. No opinions etc in there. Its easy to forget how much time has passed but if you assume that people under 18 did not care about the news and elections and all that, then for all intents and purposes to be aware of the 1994 era stuff you need to be over 40; it was long ago.

·
Registered
80 Posts
In the world we live in at this time about the only thing to talk about that isn’t somehow connected to politics is the weather. Oh wait there’s that polar bears being displaced thingy........:unsure:
Per the admins, confirm with TxCajun, "No politics".

·
Registered
803 Posts
Per the admins, confirm with TxCajun, "No politics".
Just commenting on your comment. I delete many post before posting them here because of the rules. We do not live in a vacuum and it takes conscious effort to weed the possible political stuff out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just commenting on your comment. I delete many post before posting them here because of the rules. We do not live in a vacuum and it takes conscious effort to weed the possible political stuff out.
I received a warning for a previous comment that was removed, just trying to avoid others getting them.

Reactions: RAT76 and ral357

·
Registered
171 Posts
That was a historical fact, for those who were too young. No opinions etc in there. Its easy to forget how much time has passed but if you assume that people under 18 did not care about the news and elections and all that, then for all intents and purposes to be aware of the 1994 era stuff you need to be over 40; it was long ago.
I remember it and I am only 35. But back when I was in elementary school I used to dream of designing weapons for the military. I was always checking books out of the school library on weapons and military hardware. I wonder if they still have books about those types of things in elementary school libraries nowadays.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts