As Low As I Can Go On Handmade Knife!

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Lynnsky, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Lynnsky

Lynnsky New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    $300 -- insured to your door. Still would be interested in trade.

Regards,
    Lynnsky

Back in the 70's I bought a handmade knife from a fellow near my home who made unique, one-of-a-kind knives.  I have been the sole owner and have never used it other than to polish, sprinkle some oil into the scabbard, and admire it.

It is a four and half inch drop point Damascus steel skinner with bronze tang and butt plate, white caribou handle, and a custom made rawhide scabbard.

Everyone who has seen it has stated they've never seen Damascus steel like this.  My camera doesn't begin to show the beauty of it.  Dale told me it was like a "self sharpening" knife and to be careful even when just wiping it down or polishing it.  Apparently, as you use the knife, edges keep coming up that are sharp and, in effect, the knife indeed just keeps bringing up these new sharp edges from the steel and there's no need for frequent sharpening.

Old timers around here say this knife is worth six hundred.  I'm going to have to ask for five, OBO. I know it's not much, but I'll go the shipping.

[
    center]​
    Photos below in next post courtesy of GoldenLoki[/center]
    nLoki!

Regards,
    Lynnsky

P.S.  Got a trade? Might be interested -- ask away.  I find myself -- for the first time in many many years -- without a handgun in nine millimeter.  I am very interested in a HC P-32.  The elusive Kahr 380 is of interest as well.

2. GoldenLoki

GoldenLoki New Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Re: Handmade, one-of-a-kind knife for sale!

A photo assist and recommendation for Lynnsky. Deal with confindence!

GL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Lynnsky

Lynnsky New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Price Reduced! -- One-of-a-kind knife for sale!

Hey GL,
    Many thanks for the photo assist.  Ya' know, I'm beginning to think my "Photos R Us!" business venture failings might somehow be my fault! ;D  I like computers just fine.  Why they hate my guts is anybody's guess ;)

Regards,
    Lynnsky
    P.S. Price reduced to $450, and I send it to you insured. Don't forget the possibility of a trade!

4. Lynnsky

Lynnsky New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Re: Another drop in price for custom-made knife!

$400 and it's yours. Sent to you fully insured. Need the cash but am certainly willing to look at trades. Thanks, all!

Regards,
    Lynnsky

5. Lynnsky

Lynnsky New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Hand made knife price lowered -- trade proposed

Anyone interested in a swap?  I'd like to own a pistol-grip shotty.  Doesn't have to be NIB, just functional.  A Persuader type Mossy or the like would work real well.  I am dropping the price of the knife to 300.  I was  talking to a fellow who was familiar with the steel used in the making of the knife yesterday, and he said that it was made of bundled wire cable which -- neither of us is sure -- may mean it is not technically true Damascus steel. So, I've decided to drop the price and go for a trade for a pistol -grip short barrelled shotgun, preferably in twelve gauge.

Regards,
    Lynnsky

6. Lynnsky

Lynnsky New Member

Oct 2, 2006
    $300 insured to your door.

Regards,
    Lynnsky