Artimus' recent range report...

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by artimus_prime, Dec 12, 2007.

1. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    So I went back to the range today to test out the ol' Mule (my P3AT) and I experienced peening.  :'( PM to Nu Again Shooter has been sent. I'm thinking of calling Kel-Tec tomorrow to possibly get a replacement slide. Problem is, I put the Hi-Viz optics on the slide and I don't want to lose that investment. Does anybody know if I take the optic off, Kel-Tec will still honor the slide replacement? I mean, they can't use the slide on another gun, right? Are they even open right now, or did they close up shop for the holidays?

-A Prime  :'(

2. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Sorry to hear about the peening. Take the HI-VIS off if you can, KT should honor a replacement with no problem. Give them a call tomorrow like you said. :)

3. conwic

conwic New Member

Dec 5, 2004
    I called Kel Tec today. They are still working, though this is their last full week. I doubt that you have any chance of getting the slide to them in time for them to do anything about it before they shut up shop for the holidays.

I had a similar situation once. I had Ashley express sights on a P-11, an arrangement which required milling a channel in the slide for the front sight. Kel Tec replaced the slide under warrenty despite the modifications.

Regards-conwic

4. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    thank you fellas! I appreciate the input. I could call in to work on Friday and drive down to Cocoa to hand-deliver the slide in person! Alright, I'm just looking for a reason to not go to work!  ;D Would anybody continue to carry their peening P3 "just in case"?

5. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Keltec will tell you to "send in just the slide" so you are free to remove anything you installed yourself.