Artimus' recent range report...

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by artimus_prime, Dec 12, 2007.

1. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    So I went back to the range today to test out the ol' Mule (my P3AT) and I experienced peening.  :'( PM to Nu Again Shooter has been sent. I'm thinking of calling Kel-Tec tomorrow to possibly get a replacement slide. Problem is, I put the Hi-Viz optics on the slide and I don't want to lose that investment. Does anybody know if I take the optic off, Kel-Tec will still honor the slide replacement? I mean, they can't use the slide on another gun, right? Are they even open right now, or did they close up shop for the holidays?

-A Prime  :'(

2. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Sorry to hear about the peening. Take the HI-VIS off if you can, KT should honor a replacement with no problem. Give them a call tomorrow like you said. :)

3. conwic

conwic New Member

Dec 5, 2004
    I called Kel Tec today. They are still working, though this is their last full week. I doubt that you have any chance of getting the slide to them in time for them to do anything about it before they shut up shop for the holidays.

I had a similar situation once. I had Ashley express sights on a P-11, an arrangement which required milling a channel in the slide for the front sight. Kel Tec replaced the slide under warrenty despite the modifications.

Regards-conwic

4. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    thank you fellas! I appreciate the input. I could call in to work on Friday and drive down to Cocoa to hand-deliver the slide in person! Alright, I'm just looking for a reason to not go to work!  ;D Would anybody continue to carry their peening P3 "just in case"?

5. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Keltec will tell you to "send in just the slide" so you are free to remove anything you installed yourself.