Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my armalaser in today and after about 10mins got frustrated and wnet to school. My problem is the s bracket, it will secure to the gun but when I fit it into the corresponding grove on the laser the holes for the bracket and laser dont match up. Its about 1/16th of an inch off and all the pushing and taking it apart did nothing.

Anyone else have this problem, any ideas?

I have a dremel but if I widen either the bracket hole or the one on the laser Im afraid it will come loose.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
DON'T Dremmel. Call Rick and ask him, he will tell you want you are doing wrong OR he will make it right. That is, of course, assuming you bought it direct from him or K&D. Who knows, he will probably make it right even if you bought it somewhere else, he's just that good of a guy.

-Scott

·
Banned
4,317 Posts
If you have the current generation ArmaLaser it should have 2 brackets, one for each side, as well as being adjustable for both windage and elevation. The 1st generation ArmaLaser for the P-3s had only 1 bracket, on the right side, and was adjustable for windage only. Rick at ArmaLaser will exchange the 1st gen. for the new one for $29 + $6 S&H. I just put an ArmLaser on my P-11, and found that the brackets will only line up one way, if turned the other way round the front hole is about 1/16" off. Hope this helps.

some1yell said:
Just got my armalaser in today and after about 10mins got frustrated and wnet to school. My problem is the s bracket, it will secure to the gun but when I fit it into the corresponding grove on the laser the holes for the bracket and laser dont match up. Its about 1/16th of an inch off and all the pushing and taking it apart did nothing.

Anyone else have this problem, any ideas?

I have a dremel but if I widen either the bracket hole or the one on the laser Im afraid it will come loose.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I had the same problem - the "pin" part will not slide in from the right side because the S bracket hole doesn't line up with either the hole in the armalaser or the hole in the gun. Either one would fit, but not both.

Be sure you have the armalaser as tight as you can get it against the gun first. Leave the screw that pinches the armalaser sides together a bit loose so that the pin will govern movement of the laser into the gun.

I fixed it by using an exacto knife to cut a 1/16 chamfer (45 degree angle) in the edge of the right armalaser hole. Then, installed the pin which goes into the gun first. Then used a small hammer to install the pin that goes into the armalaser last. This process gave a very tight fit - just what I wanted.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I haven't had to modify any of my armalasers to get them on the gun. Sure, they are a little tough, but none of the 3 armalasers I have owned needed modification.

If you can't get it one there without modification, something is definitely wrong.

PshootR said:
The 1st generation ArmaLaser for the P-3s had only 1 bracket, on the right side, and was adjustable for windage only.
I had one of the first generation Armalasers, and it had two brackets

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.