Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to talk myself into getting an armalaser for my FG P3at. Needing some input from those that use it.

Does anybody NOT like the armalaser?

What distance do most of y'all zero the laser at?

Any problems with it losing its zero?

Any problems with weight balance or concealment?

Any other pro's\ con's that I didn't mention?

Anyone know where I can find one cheaper than $157 shipped (eBay)?

Thanks in advance for the input.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Hi, you will love the ArmaLaser. However, the P-3AT version is designed for the 2nd Generation not the 1st, although it should fit - call Rick at ArmaLaser to confirm this!

$157.00 shipped is about as low as you can go!

Now on to your other questions:

Does anybody NOT like the armalaser?
No. ::)

What distance do most of y'all zero the laser at?
For me about 5 yards. Zeroing can be done before you get to the range, just shine the laser against the wall and line up with the iron sites. When you get to the range, you will find it to be pretty much right on.

Any problems with it losing its zero?
Yes. Be sure to use blue (never red) loctite on each screw head, otherwise the screws will loosen, and throw off your aim.

Any problems with weight balance or concealment?
No and no. Actually, in my opinion, the ArmaLaser helps with concealment.

Any other pro's\con's that I didn't mention?
- Swapping out batteries is a pain.
- If you have large fingers, the ArmaLaser makes for a tight fit in the trigger well.
- Customer service is excellent if you have a problem.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Choices like this need to fit into a particular assault scenario, or should compensate for some user problem.

I use lasers primarily because my eyesite is poor - even the fiber optic sites dont come close to the visibility of the laser at dusk (or in the house) - for me. The primary assault scenario I can think of where it could be useful is if you have to shoot from an awkward position. Probably the "most important" role is in cases where the red dot causes the BG to stop the assault. I have never seen this, but have read many times that it happens (popular myth?).

I adjust mine to be parallel with true point of aim (about 1 inch low on the P3AT) so that it will be accurate at any reasonable distance.

Batteries appear to be the primary problem - they run down at a rate of 4 per month (even if you never use the laser) due to the finger sensing electronics. Playing games with the on/off switch is not a good tactical option in my opinion. $0.82 each for 20 or more from : http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=140-913

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
wheelguy, you may have something wrong with your laser unit. The batteries should last far far longer than 1 month. Call Rick at ArmaLaser and describe your problem to him and see what he says!

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Cool - thank you :). Actually, I gleened that 1 month as an estimate from other posts I have seen. Still waiting for my laser to arrive. My other lasers are button driven in-grip type, so am concerned about the electronic sensor type taking too much power. I should have made that clear in my prior post :-[

·
Registered
61 Posts
I reciently got one and the price at ebay seems very reasonable.

After I got it sighted in, oddly enough, I don't use it when I'm practicing. Not sure why yet, but I shoot better with the standard sights.

It is good for quick acquisition or night conditions. I have a hard time seeing the sights except in best lighting conditions, that's why I bought it.

So far I haven't had any problems with it losing zeor or battery problems. I don't leave it 'on' all the time though. The manual says you can leave it on for a year in it's 'sleep' mode. I kinda doubt that though.

I'm with the previous poster on CC. I think it helps hide its footpring a bit.

Weight problems? nope, very light.

I also zeroed one inch below the poi. That way it's consistant at all ranges.

Hope this helps,
Bit

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
My batteries last a lot longer than a month. ANd trust me, I have been playing with it (with snap caps) quite a bit lately.

Now I do want to point out one thing. There was a time when I though my laser was going through batteries fast. But, what was happening was that the screws were coming loose during shooting, which caused the beam to get very dim. Tightened the screws up, and it was back to normal.

(I have since fixed the loosening problem.)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My new armalaser came in today and in a matter of about 30 min I had it installed and sighted in.

Pretty neat little gadget.
Thanks for everyone who helped talk me into it.

Next question:

Who has an extra pocket holster for my newly lasered side kick? I've got a GO that I can't use now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.