Armalaser on the way :D I have a few qestions

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by james__12345, May 18, 2010.

1. james__12345

james__12345 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    I just ordered an armalaser for my 3AT.  I can't wait for it to get here so I can try it out.  It will be the first laser sight I've ever used on any gun.  I'll do a full review of it on here once I get it.  I have a couple quick question though.  Does anyone know how long shipping usually runs when ordering right from the factory?  Also I would like to know if anyone knows which size of unkle mikes IWB holster fits it with the laser.  Right now I have the size 10, but I really dont think that will work.  Thanks.

2. ericire12

ericire12 Guest

I have one on my P32 and love it!

Full review here:
    http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1270136276

It took 5 days to recieve mine (including the weekend). I think they are probably shipping them out same day as orders are received, so the wait will probably just be determined by USPS.

As far as the holster is concerned, you may be able to just remove a few stitches to open it up a little where the laser is to get it to work. I did that with my Nemesis and it works great. Also, I have found that I can put mine between my belt and my pants and it works just the same as an IWB. As long as you have an untucked shirt you are good to go.

Enjoy the laser.... I think you will be very happy.

3. bergners

bergners New Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Mine came with a DeSantis nemisis that was designed to fit my P3AT with the laser.
    SteveB

4. james__12345

james__12345 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Mine comes with the desantis pocket holster too so I'm not really worried about opening up the pocket holster I have now, but I'm wondering about an IWB with a clip on it. I really wouldn't trust just putting a pocket holster between my pants and belt. I'd be concerned that would fall out.

As far as shipping goes, today I recieved an email from the USPS about it. Seems they have it and assuming the standard timing for priority mail I'm hoping to have it by the weekend.

5. olemissmike

olemissmike Member

Jan 29, 2007
    I have had mine for about 1 1/2 years and it works great. I only pocket carry it in the Desantis Nemesis holster that it came with. I am averaging changing the batteries (4) every six months or so. The armalaser helps break up the printing in my front pocket making it look more like a wallet.

6. james__12345

james__12345 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    If you dont mind me askng, How much are the batteries if you dont buy from them?

7. ericire12

ericire12 Guest

Does the laser start to dim when the batteries start to go, or does it just go dead?

8. james__12345

james__12345 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    According to their website when they start going down, the laser will come on, and STAY on constant to let you know they're weak.

from their site

9. olemissmike

olemissmike Member

Jan 29, 2007
    That is correct about the laser staying on but only when you activate it. In other words, the laser just doesn't turn on one day while in your pocket and stay on.

When you notice that the laser stays on, you can turn it off by using the on off switch until you get new batteries. I get mine at Wal Mart. They come in packages of 3, so you have to buy 2 packages to get the 4 you need. Be sure you always replace all 4 batteries at the same time.

Armalaser is a good product. You will like it.

10. james__12345

james__12345 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Ok, thanks, thats good to know.  So you should activate it from time to time, and make sure it cuts off.  That would actually be a little better I think, so that you can atleast conserve what little power is left by turning it off with the switch.

by the way, according to the email from USPS it left Florida the evening of the 20th. I HOPE its here tomorrow. It might be. Our mail all goes to Nashville before coming here. Assuming it left on the 20th, i would think it should have made Nashville by sometime today, and hopefully been processed and sent my way once they got it. Might not get it till monday though. I'm off work tomorrow though, so that would be great if it came in then.

11. JR37

JR37 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    I was having trouble keeping an Armalaser alive for any reasonable time. I finally figured out what I thougt my problem might be. I was storing my P11 with the laser on a "Fast Holster" magnetic bar. I emailed Armalaser and asked if the magnet might be messing with the laser. They answered in the affermitive. "Do not store pistol with Armalaser on Fast Holster."

12. james__12345

james__12345 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    ITS HERE! Came in the mail today. I got it put on with out too much trouble. The frame pin was TIGHT, but no tighter than some metal pins I've dealt with in other guns. The housing does crowd the trigger guard a LITTLE bit, but not enough to be a problem for me. The laser is very bright considering its size. Outside in bright sunlight it is a little hard to see, but in any shade at all it is plenty bright enough. I ended up getting a blackhawk size 1 IWB holster. It is a little longer than it needs to be, but it works fine.

So far I have only put two clips through the gun with the laser on it. It seems to hold position great so far. Once it starts getting a little closer to sunset I will put a few more clips through it.

I dont have any complaints at this point. The activation requires no effort at all for me. I had my mom try it, and because of her long nails, it didn't activate as easily for her. Women who keep longer nails, might have to work a little harder to make sure they activate it. The instructions suggest that you can use the thumb of your support hand to activate it if needed.

As of right now I am very happy with the purchase, and I really dont see that changing.

13. Crazy_Horse

Crazy_Horse New Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Congrads! Could u please post pictures. I am interested in buying one. Also how much room does it take up in the trigger guard i've got large hands.
    Thank you

14. james__12345

james__12345 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    The picture is in the advertisements at the top of this site sometimes. It takes up maybe an eighth of an inch in the front. I'll try to get some pictures up soon. Cant find my camera right now. A quick google search should yeild plenty of pictures.

15. Crazy_Horse

Crazy_Horse New Member

Apr 10, 2010
    OK thank u. I've tried google but it doesn't show the gun in a hand. Maybe i'll try youtube???

16. james__12345

james__12345 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Didn't realize you meant in hand. I'll try to find my camera tomorrow and get some pics taken.

17. olemissmike

olemissmike Member

Jan 29, 2007
    James,

I keep my P3 on me most of the time. I rarely test the laser. Instead, I make it a practice to take the gun to the range about 4 times a year. I shoot my Golden Sabres that are in the mag first to always check the functionality of my carry ammo (since I have already tested my carry ammo extensively to make sure it functions in my P3), then I usually run 1 box of FMJ through it. During this time, I check the laser for function and accuracy. So far no problems. P3's are not range guns, so my recommendation is that after you get it broken in ( a few boxes of ammo), don't shoot it anymore other than to stay fairly proficient like I do. This is more of a "get off of my back" gun so only short range accuracy is important. Also, remember, to check the screws for tightness after you test fire as they have a habit of shaking a little loose.

I keep the switch on all of the time. Even in that mode, it uses battery power. Like I said earlier, you should get at least 6 months per battery set it you don't use the laser too much. If you are going to store the gun, then consider turning the switch off which will give you even more battery life. Remember, when the batteries start going bad, the system still works, it just doesn't turn off unless you turn the switch off.

You will notice that the laser greatly improves your accuracy. On little guns like this, it is especially valuable.

Good luck!