Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dose anyone have one of these lasers on there kt and if so is it worth the money do the screws back out when fired or just carrying daily like on the belt clip. Son birth day is coming up next month and want to get some idea about it before i spend the money on one for his p3.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
If you decide to order - and I probably will some time, my suggestion would be to order for K&D Holsters.  Kevin supports this group, sells Armalasers AND customer made holsters.  If you buy the holster and armalaser together you get a discount and faster than normal delivery - which could be a plus if B-Day is only a month away.

The combination holster/laser offer is not easily found on his website.  Search KTOG for posts for ArmaLaser and you will find his post about it. See page 2 of this thread for a post from Kevin talking about shorter wait times:
http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=newpistol;action=display;num=1168124389;start=23#23

-Scott

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Really like mine!

There used to be screw loosening problems during firing but not just carrying. The lastest ones come with lockwashers and Phllips head screws which seem to solve the problem.

This is my review:
http://www.ktrange.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4522

There have been even more improvements since the last update such as the Phillips head screws and lockwashers I mentioned previously.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have an Armalaser for my P-11. I am very happy with it. I did have trouble with screws loosening but I had not installed the lock washers. From now on I will check screw tightness periodically. It is expensive considering the cost of the pistol. This is my CCW so I feel it is worth it. Hope this helps.

Stuart

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I have one and love it. I was the one you may have seen talking about the screws backing out.

Well, I recently fixed the problem. Two of the three steel pins that hold the unit together do not have much to grip on to. So, they often spin around and it is hard to tighten them down because the back part is just spinning.

So, what I did was put a light coat of Loc-tite on the outside of the steel pins themselves. This gives them good grip so they don't spin. After letting it dry, I was able to really tighten my screws down good and it has not lost zero at all in the past 3-4 weeks, even with holstering and unholstering once or twice a day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.