ArmaLaser adjustments

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by whit101, Jul 3, 2008.

1. whit101

whit101 New Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Boy oh boy, I have such a simple question but can not find the answer anywhere.

I just bought a Armalaser for my P3AT. Went to the range. Great pistol. Question?

Which direction moves the elevation up, moves the DOT up? Counter-clockwise or clockwise?

The manual says turn the screw to raise the elevation. Does NOT say which direction to turn the screw.

Would someone please tell which direction to turn the screw to RAISE the elevation?

Thanks

Whit101

PS anyone know of a bore sighting device to use on the small pistol?

2. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    I think turning the windage screw clockwise moves the laser dot right and turning the elevation screw clockwise moves the dot up.

3. whit101

whit101 New Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Thank you I'll work with that..clockwise=UP Dot.

Any info on a Boresight laser for my P3AT?

Also, The trigger pull is long and heavy. Anyon know how/who can reduce the trigger pull?

OBTW Out of the box fired 40 rounds, with cool-down between loads. NO miss-fires. Went bang every time. Great pistol.

Whit101

4. whit101

whit101 New Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Wow! and Thanks.

That's 2 for turn the screw clockwise=UP Dot.

This is rocket science, even then manufacture does not know this or it's a corp secret.

Turn it right it goes up.

Thanks
    Whit101

5. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005

6. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Moved this to the P3AT section for you. Should get you more views from people that have the armalaser on their P3AT's

7. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Ideally:

1) Screw on the left side of the Armalaser is your windage screw. Turn it CW to move right, and CCW to move left.
    2) Screw on the bottom is the elevation screw. Turn it CW to move up, and CCW to move down.

That said, I returned my Armalaser because aligning it proved to be a random walk problem for me. Sometimes I'd move the dot up and it would jump either to the left or right as well. Move the dot to the left or right and the dot would move up or down as well. The movement of the dot was never consistent either. On one iteration, I might try to move the dot a bit left and it would move down an inch or so. On the next iteration, I'd try to again move the dot to the left and it might jump up. :-/

Mind you, this was my second Armalaser. The first one was recoil sensitive. It also had a bit of a random walk alignment problem, but once I got it aligned, it wouldn't stay aligned after firing the first shot. So, after more frustration than I was willing to endure, I sent the laser back for a refund.

Many have had very positive experinces with their Armalasers, as you will see by searching around. I was sorry it didn't work out for me. Armalaser is a KTOG supporter, and the owner, Rick Hovsepian, is a first class guy to deal with - and he offered me a KTOG discount (free shipping and an extra set of batteries)! I'm willing to chalk my experienced up to bad luck. FWIW. YMMV.

8. whit101

whit101 New Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Thanks.  I've been back to the range again and I may be having some of the issues as you.  However, I was able to get some help from the laser acheving a better natural body aim.  Usually got around 60% of my round on torso at 30ft with out laser or sights.

This forum is very helpful.

I bought Universal Laserlyte at Wal-Mart for $39.  It fits my Star .380 correctly.  However, the amature is a little too long for the P3AT.  I've used rubberized tape to at the muzzle end of the Laserlyte causing the armature to not go as deep into the barrel.

Still playing around with this rube-goldberg mod.  Without a gun vise it is difficult for me to fire a tight group to compare Armalaser sight dot to rounds fired.  Since the range is only open 8-6 I use reflective tape as an bullseye.  Otherwise, it's too hard to see the laser in bright light.

My research indicated that most ccw type bad stuff happens after the sun goes down.   But, if I teach my muscle/mind to fire on target w/o sights I'll be okay when it's dark and I have the laser.  

Besides, the odds of me ever needing to pull a weapon in defense are very long odds.  If there is no time to exit the situation, then the bad guy probably is already in control.  SOL

Whit101

9. DaveNC

DaveNC Active Member

Mar 7, 2008
    The easiest and quickest way to site the laser in is to use your iron sights. Look down the irons sights and adjust the laser to match the sights. You can make minor adjustments from there. This is the way I did it and it worked. This is a close quarter weapon so no need to sight the pistol in for long range since it's not made for long distance target shooting. Most of my target practice is within 15 yards or shorter.