Armalaser Activation...

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by engineer88, Jul 3, 2008.

1. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    I have looked all over for pics of the newer Armalaser for P3AT and how it activates. I read it is touch left side, but darned if I can find a pic of it to see what it looks like. I would like to see what it looks like. I understand it WILL NOT activate in your pocket and that is good, but I do have one other question:

Do you HAVE to use your off hand to activate it? IE: Does it force you to at least start with a 2 handed grip?

Just curious because my P3 is absolutely full 1 handed for me nowadays (I just seem to shoot better 1 handed).

Thanks for any info guys, especially pics!!! :)

2. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    As soon as a finger slips between the trigger guard and the trigger it activates. I doesn't matter if it's from the right or left side.

You can wait to turn it on by keeping your finger out of the trigger guard, or you can turn it on at any time before you put a finger on the trigger by touching it with a finger or thumb of your left hand.

Normally, in a real life situation you don’t turn on the laser, then search around looking for your target, then shoot.

With the gun drawn you move your gun on to the target… Once you are pointing at the target your trigger finger moves to the trigger and activates the laser as you are beginning to put the red dot on the POA. Once the dot is on POA you shoot.

Bobo

3. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
  4. whit101

whit101 New Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Again not rocket science.
    If me or my friends are threatened with bodily harm.

What to do?

1. Identified the bad guy.
    2. Point your weapon at the bad guy. Laser is best.
    3. Tell the bad guy to go away/stop.
    4. Watch what the bad guy does.
    4. If bad guy continues to endanger or threaten.
    3. Pull the trigger. Pull the trigger again.
    4. Questions?
    5. Make the call.

5. whit101

whit101 New Member

Jun 28, 2008
    When you decide there is a threat...put your finger on the trigger...the laser will turn on. If there is no threat, then Do Not put your finger on the trigger. No threat=no Laser=no Trigger.

Again with the Rocket Science.

You have a deadly weapon. Do NOT point it at anyone unless you think you MUST kill them to protect yourself or others. PERIOD.

The laser dot says I have a deadly weapon pointed at you. What do you want it to mean...I'm thinking of .... no...maybe...leave me alone.

No it's a gun aimed at the bad guy. Period. Stop or die.

Any Questions?

6. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    OK, I musta been getting it confused about posts I read for RSS for PF9. I was thinking it had a sensor on the left panel that could be used in addition or instead. So it is still finger in the guard. I was thinking the pics/info on the website might be old. OK, gotcha. Thanks guys!

7. Boggs51

Boggs51 New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Engineer: The ArmaLaser is the best available for the 380, et al Kel-Tec's. I wish they would make a high-power green laser for the 16 series.

Check our ArmaLaser's torture test on youtube...impressive!

Boggs

8. norton

norton New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    You should consider them both.
    I do fully agree that if you liked to drop your gun go with the Armalaser
    ;D
    Norton

9. poppo

poppo Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2008
  10. Boggs51

Boggs51 New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    poppo:

I was able to download the manual AND watch their video...check your computer settings, i.e. firewall settings, etc.

Boggs

11. poppo

poppo Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2008
    My other pet peeve is when people say 'check your computer'. ;)

Seriously, I've been an IT guy for 20+ years, and while I haven't looked at their page's source yet, one should not have to 'tweak' browser or firewall settings for a simple PDF download or video, especially when the current settings work fine for every other site.

OTOH, I have satellite Internet and it has been known to do weird things on some sites. But again, I think that's due more to poor web design (i.e. expecting low latency) than an inherent problem with the sat service.

12. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    I can't get at the links either. They just show as dead links for me. And I have my settings correct. :(

Rick

13. KuduKing

KuduKing New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Dead links for me too. Cannot access the manual or the install video.

14. KelTekCajun

KelTekCajun New Member

May 11, 2006
    Acadiana
    For what it's worth, the link works for me. :-/

15. Boggs51

Boggs51 New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Armalaser Video.

For those who cannot view the video from the ArmaLaser home page, try "backing" into it by searching on Google "youtube armalaser."

Just tried it and it also worked for me.

Boggs

16. poppo

poppo Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2008
    It's not the drop test YouTube video we are talking about, it's the user manual and install video that have their own links that are not working for some.