ARMA-LASER Pilot Error?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by BillK, Dec 31, 2008.

1. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Why can't I get my ARMA-LASER to to stay on? The instructions on page four of the manual for the P3AT laser is straight forward:

"However, if during the 24 seconds you do stop touching the sensor for a few seconds, you can keep the laser on as long as you wish continuously. Try practicing it"

Well I have tried "practicing it" but the laser simply won't stay on! Am I doing something wrong? Am I not understanding the simple instuction? Do I have a defective unit?

Personally I would like the laser better if it were to just stay on after touching the sensor; simply turn it off and reset it by using the switch.

Thanks a bunch...

2. goodbrewing

goodbrewing New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    If you continuously touch the sensor it will stay on for 24 seconds then go out and need to be reset but if you take your finger off the sensor for a few seconds during the 24 seconds then touch the sensor again it will stay on. All you need to do is brush your finger over the sensor every 10 seconds or so and it will stay on. It isn't designed to stay on on its own. I find it doesn't bother me that way and probably saves me batteries from forgetting to turn it off.
    Good luck.

3. Boggs51

Boggs51 New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    It is designed to turn off after a short period of time. Saves the power in those tiny watch batteries.

Remember, this is a self-defense gun. The point of the laser is to acquire your target and shoot. If you ever have to do this...it will only last a few seconds...exactly what the ArmaLaser was designed for!

Boggs

4. gbm5170

gbm5170 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    That auto-off feature is an inherent necessity for the ArmaLaser.  Yes it is to save the batteries...because every now and then the laser can get switched on all by itself (i.e. static electricity) and if that happened, the battery would die pretty quick without the auto-off function.

The only other option is the CTC Laser which uses a pressure sensor.  The CTC is a bit more expensive though!

5. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007

Wish I had not written the last sentance. It detracts from what I tried to ask.

The way I read the instructions it seemed as if you could get the laser to stay "continuously" by simply removing your finger from the sensor within the first 24 seconds. The second poster indicated how the laser could be kept on - I tried his method and it works. But, the instructions don't mention that cumbersome (in my opinion) method of keeping the laser on.

No big deal. I still like the laser and feel it is at least a very good training tool.

Thanks again...

6. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Wait a minute!

Hold the press!

I want the same "Human Touch Technology" for my P3AT Arma-Laser that Arma-Laser toutes for its RSS model laser!

From their ad in a popular gun mag...

"imagine: you are targeting
                    finger along the slide...

LASER ON
    slight tap:   LASER OFF"

Take care...