Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The kel tec extended pad is wider and spreads recoil over larger area. It felt like the limb saver recoil pad I had on my mossberg 500.
The MCarbo slip on is a softer material which absorbs more recoil.

I use the extended pad on both my ksg and ks7 for most rounds .

If I am going to shoot heavy rounds I put the Mcarbo slip on for added protection.

I put the limbsaver on for my girlfriend an she can shoot slugs with no effect.

They really work well.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Some recoil pads do have a sticky feel to stay put in your shoulder better,

One possible way to limit this is to apply a coat of Armor-All.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Is your extended pad sticky? Mine is. That's just weird.
Common with softer 'live' rubber when it's molded. The sticky sides are because the extended pad is three layers: the hard rubber 'face' that goes against your shoulder for wear protection, the softer 'live cushion' rubber, then the plastic 'base' plate. As the included sheet mentions, a dab of mineral oil or other 'live rubber safe' surface treatment will stop the sticky immediately, or just your body oils will with a bit of time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have searched a bunch and I know about slip ons and zip ties but they still move around a lot and the factory extended pad which is a little bigger but looks like the same hard rubber as original pad. Surely somebody makes something for the World’s Greatest Defensive Shotgun, any suggestions would be appreciated.
KSG / KS7 Recoil pad by Missouri Tactical Products

www.motacpro.com

·
Registered
343 Posts
That's a new option.
Looks like a neater. better looking pad then the slip-on types.
Also and interesting design to reduce felt recoil but not the traditional pad.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have searched a bunch and I know about slip ons and zip ties but they still move around a lot and the factory extended pad which is a little bigger but looks like the same hard rubber as original pad. Surely somebody makes something for the World’s Greatest Defensive Shotgun, any suggestions would be appreciated.
KSG / KS7 Recoil pad by Missouri Tactical is very good option.

www.motacpro.com

·
Registered
17 Posts

KSG / KS7 Recoil pad by Missouri Tactical Products

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts

KSG / KS7 Recoil Pad by Missouri Tactical

41 - 55 of 55 Posts