Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm going to see if i can move the POI a bit more to the right by hacking on the carry handle, otherwise i think it's the longer Hi-Teck rail and an AR detachable handle and front sight. If i do that i will re-evaluate if i need more than just a nice spongy pad

·
Registered
608 Posts
this is on a KS7, but... I needed a little more length as well as wanted to be able to shoulder the gun a bit higher so my cheek weld was better. Not wanting to hack on a $45 stock butt pad, I got innovative and non-destructive with what i had laying around. A bit of schedule 40 PVC pipe, some heat, some black foam(I should have some real closed cell neoprene arriving in a couple weeks) and some Goo glue(it holds on well but can be peeled off the stock butt pad without damage).
extended butt pad.jpg

·
Registered
195 Posts
Not yet, But I'll try to make it affordable. Just have to see what the cycle time is going to be and if I need to buy a broach or not for the shell lifter clearance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Not yet, But I'll try to make it affordable. Just have to see what the cycle time is going to be and if I need to buy a broach or not for the shell lifter clearance.
Well post it when done the AirTech pad is the best you can buy. I was going to see if my gunsmith could attach one to regular factory pad but I’ll wait

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I found this on Brownells website as a place to possibly start. It says it’s fully adjustable for height and cant if needed.
View attachment 45830
View attachment 45722 View attachment 45724 View attachment 45726 Here's the pad that I'm going with. Still waiting on a few parts from Kel-Tec that I need to get the design work done. Hope to have something made by the beginning of the year.
View attachment 45722 View attachment 45724 View attachment 45726 Here's the pad that I'm going with. Still waiting on a few parts from Kel-Tec that I need to get the design work done. Hope to have something made by the beginning of the year.
great pad but what is there to screw to?? How would you attach it?

·
Registered
195 Posts
The adapter plate will lock into the groove that the stock pad fits in. It will probably add 3/8" LOP compared to Kel-Tecs extended pad.

·
Registered
608 Posts
my little glue-up open cell foam on a PVC plate may be ugly but it is incredibly effective. Shorties aren't even felt and standard buck is only a good push, less than a shorty with no pad. Due to the higher hold, i feel more of a bump to my cheek than before
extended butt pad.jpg
but even than is mild. I would have no issue with shooting standard shells other than capacity. Before, standard shells left me with a sore shoulder, now nothing

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Given up on pad for now. Put on KelTec Sherman Tank brake and KelTec extended buttpad and can shoot it one handed. If a AirTech pad becomes available you could comfortably shoot it without a brake but the brake makes it so my tiny wife can shoot it. Yes the brake adds length but so does the kickpad. My guess is there will be a 1-1/2” difference between brake w/factory pad and AirTech pad and no brake. But the brake REALLY tames it down and with rifled TruBall slugs it groups like a rifle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hmmm. I need to get in on this thread.
This ksg is to replace My 870 work shotgun. It had a spring, recoil softening buttstock. it let the wife shoot with out complaint.
alas the shotgun was really too heavy for her and the cycle throw too far. So we got this ksg.

im about to buy all the Gucci gear for it... supposed to do it today but I’m a stay at home dad now and between the two kids and all of the metal inside of me, I am about 72 hrs behind schedule.

long story short is I was going to get some sort of shoulder pad. I saw the limbsaver (I think) on mcarbo’s page and something either the same or different on hitech page.

my brain is mush right now so didn’t get a chance to look further.

@Greg Tanner is what you are designing a new option? Do you have a website where I can see further and if it fits our need make a purchase?

I’ll not be sorry to retire my 870 rattle trap. It did almost a decade of police work and served many a warrant... but it just isn’t the best.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I got the extended kel tec pad and it works very well.

I would say get mcarbo limbsaver initially as it fits nice and snug .
This way you might save yourself some money. My friend did that and he is super happy.

If I find loads that might be too much I can always add the slip on for extra cushioning.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It is a new option. The mcarbo is a slip on and the KT extended pad is still pretty stiff.
It hasn't been made yet. Haven't had time to work on it lately because of a busy schedule at my day job. Just got a new laptop last week so I can program when I'm away. I really need to contact limbsaver to see if the 10809 pad that I'm planning on using is just sold out or discontinued. I'd hate to make an adapter plate and then find out no one can get pads for it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What’s the pad that hitech sells? The deceleration pad?

how does that compare for fit and finish in comparison to the keltec and the limb saver?

21 - 40 of 55 Posts