Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched a bunch and I know about slip ons and zip ties but they still move around a lot and the factory extended pad which is a little bigger but looks like the same hard rubber as original pad. Surely somebody makes something for the World’s Greatest Defensive Shotgun, any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
608 Posts
i cut some pieces out of that foam they use for the interlocking floor mats and used Goo glue to put two layers on mine. may not really look great, but works. I just wish i could figure out a way to allow it to mount higher on my shoulder so my cheek weld was better

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i cut some pieces out of that foam they use for the interlocking floor mats and used Goo glue to put two layers on mine. may not really look great, but works. I just wish i could figure out a way to allow it to mount higher on my shoulder so my cheek weld was better
Maybe my gunsmith can take the back apart and see if he can grind it flat and screw a real pad to it. There is a soft adhesive pad that glues on for cheek protection but it is only 1/4” thick I ordered one they aldo have a snap on kydex cheekpiece with that pad for sale. Glue on $12.95 kydex $36.95

·
Registered
608 Posts
Maybe my gunsmith can take the back apart and see if he can grind it flat and screw a real pad to it. There is a soft adhesive pad that glues on for cheek protection but it is only 1/4” thick I ordered one they aldo have a snap on kydex cheekpiece with that pad for sale. Glue on $12.95 kydex $36.95
I have mentioned to both Mcarbo and Keltec the idea of a butt bad that was adjustable for height but who knows if either might produce one. I hesitate to hack on the original myself but am soooo tempted

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have mentioned to both Mcarbo and Keltec the idea of a butt bad that was adjustable for height but who knows if either might produce one. I hesitate to hack on the original myself but am soooo tempted
Whenever I get around to the s2k one I'll make one for the ksg and ks7 too. Looks like they'd be pretty easy to make.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I'm going to call keltec and see if the stock but pad is a part i can buy. If the price isn't stupid i'll but one and hack onto it. I don't know if i have the skills to make something from scratch that will mate up perfectly

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just ordered the extended pad and stock halves from them. Going to see how bad the Limbsaver for Magpul pad looks when it's mounted. I'm thinking it may be a little small.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just ordered the extended pad and stock halves from them. Going to see how bad the Limbsaver for Magpul pad looks when it's mounted. I'm thinking it may be a little small.
Is there a way to attach a regular kickpad or grind to fit to factory KSG?? I so let me know especially if you make them

·
Registered
195 Posts
I was going to make an adapter for the Limbsaver with vertical adjustment built in. Will also try to make it so you can use optional spacers to adjust length of pull. I should have the parts in by next weekend so I can see if it's doable.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I was going to make an adapter for the Limbsaver with vertical adjustment built in. Will also try to make it so you can use optional spacers to adjust length of pull. I should have the parts in by next weekend so I can see if it's doable.
Please keep us posted. I think if i can mount the butt a 1/2" or 1" higher i will get a real good height for a cheek weld and sight alignment. for what Keltec charges for their extended pad they should have it adjustable for height

·
Registered
608 Posts
So is the ksg opposite the s2k? Most people want the butt pad down on the s2k.
For me it is. I have trouble getting my cheek down to the stock and get a good sight alignment. Being able to mount the gun a bit higher on my shoulder would give me a more upright head position.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got the extended Kel-Tec pad and it works great. I've also got the slip on for when the missus shoots.
4AABD4DA-AE39-47B7-B66A-CA99DDA0B47D.jpeg

·
Registered
38 Posts
The stuff on the cheekpads, both the clip on and the glue on is neoprene rubber foam. It can be bought in sheets and rolls very cheaply off of amazon, usually comes with glue on the back and can be cut accurately with a sharp knife or scissors, and is probably a bit better of a source for materials if you want to DIY, rather than the yoga mats previously suggested in this thread.

https://www.amazon.com/Versatile-Adhesive-Vibration-Machines-Acoustic/dp/B07V2XF895

Hope this helps someone.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My answer from another, similar thread.

"I use the Pachmayr Decelerator slip-on Recoil Pad, it adds about an inch or so to the rear and stops even 3 inch slugs from giving bruises."

It's a slip-on, but it's tight enough that I've never once had it fall off or move around while shooting. A recoil pad and MBUS sights are like the first two things anyone should add to their KSG

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just got the parts in the mail today. Should be pretty simple to get the AR Limbsaver mounted. The Kel-Tec extended butt pad is alot stiffer than the Limbsaver. Anyone want to try one out when I get a prototype made?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Is there a way to attach a regular kickpad or grind to fit to factory KSG?? I so let me know especially if you make them
Just ordered a standard Benelli Limbsaver too. May work better for making an adapter plate than the Magpul one since it won't require surfacing. Plus it's made for shotgun recoil.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Just got the parts in the mail today. Should be pretty simple to get the AR Limbsaver mounted. The Kel-Tec extended butt pad is alot stiffer than the Limbsaver. Anyone want to try one out when I get a prototype made?
Sure thing!. what did Keltec charge for the parts? I forgot to call them to day to find out

1 - 20 of 55 Posts