Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
DanHfmn said:
Cleaning mine today and checking for Peening, I took some pics and noticed that my guide rod hole does not appear to be tapered.
I don’t think you’re going to need a washer on that P-3AT. Yours is about the thickness of mine around the guide rod hole. I have one that is a tiny bit thinner than the others but no peening to date.

Wilson – who’s happy the Peening Plague did not infect his flock :)

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
my P3AT is that way too.

I just wonder why KY decided to start drilling them  now... I still say it was a decision tto do so based on $.

However, i still added a nylon insert to provide guide support and spring retention. I just went with a thinner base to keep the spring solid lenght minimized

·
Registered
50 Posts
Re: The opening post's photo in this thread.

That's what we should be seeing on our slides. If my slide looked like that, I'd not have traded it in on a P32. When they get back to looking like that (hopefully) I'll definitely purchase another P3AT.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Based on ones I have seen I would NOT call that PARK'd slide "paper thin." I would call that one really thick compared to some I have seen. My bucks would say that one won't peen.

You can't tell from the picture whether it is tapered. The taper would be from the other side.

-Scott

G

·
adamsesq said:
Based on ones I have seen I would NOT call that PARK'd slide "paper thin."  I would call that one really thick compared to some I have seen.  My bucks would say that one won't peen.

You can't tell from the picture whether it is tapered.  The taper would be from the other side.

-Scott
that gun was bought over a year ago, when they weren't having this problem. very evident to see the thickness of that slide over the ones they are shipping today. He won't have any problems with that slide as far as peening ....They all should be like that.

G

·
Scott- My post may have been confusing......I reposted Dans pic so that his NICE THICK SLIDE could be compared to my aper thin peening slide.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Nu_Agin_Shooter said:
Scott-   My post may have been confusing......I reposted Dans pic so that his NICE THICK SLIDE could be compared to my aper thin peening slide.
I figured that was the case but when you said "Both" and then showed two pics I wanted to clarify for anyone else who might be reading this.

As Jocko said, that PARK'd slide is what we should all long for in the way of thickness!

-Scott

·
Registered
8,993 Posts
Dan H. said:
Think I'll have to send my slide in when I return the gun for trigger problem?  I would want to make sure I get my slide back!
Dan, I'd just send the frame & grip assy. They have slide assemblies there if they need one. It would be a cold day before I let that flat milled slide out of my hands.

And if they call and ask why I didn't send the complete gun in , I'd explain using small words.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.