archery deer

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Brewster6514, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Brewster6514

Brewster6514 Active Member

Jun 10, 2006
    shot my first ten point with my bow this morning. ;D
    here are the results....
    [​IMG]

2. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    my hat is off to anyone who can take a deer with a bow. We arn't talking shooting skill, we're talking hunting skill there. Congrats and good eats.
    Lop

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    That's a nice buck. :cool:

4. Brewster6514

Brewster6514 Active Member

Jun 10, 2006
    thank you
    watched him chase a doe for about 10-20 minutes and when she went over the hill i figured all was lost, within a few minutes she went running right by me in my stand and i knew he was coming. got ready and within a few seconds he was coming toward me, he stopped @35 yards from my stand and i shot.  
    took me 27 years of bow hunting to finally shoot a decent buck with my bow, all of the other ones have been little bucks or does. this one is going to find a place on my wall so i can remember this day every time i look at him.  :)

more pics...  
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
  6. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Nice one  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Looks pretty big bodied too.
    Sounds like the rut is on in your area . We're not quite that far along here yet, maybe in another week or two(hopefully the latter)

7. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Nice buck! Congrats on putting meat in the freezer and getting one with a nice rack to put on the wall. Looks like he was quartering toward you too. Great shot man!

8. james__12345

james__12345 New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Taking ANY deer with a bow deserves some respect, especially if its a deer like that. They dont get that big by being stupid, and getting close to a deer like that is not an easy thing to do. Very nice buck.

9. zeke

zeke New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Congrats on the success. I spent a lot of time in the woods this year, never even saw a legal buck while on stand during archery season. Season ended sat for archery, gun season starts the monday after thanksgiving.

10. mkamer

mkamer New Member

May 19, 2005
    Congrats on a nice buck Brewster! I just got my first bow this year. Been practicing and hope to take it to the field next year.

11. scamp_daddy

scamp_daddy New Member

Jan 6, 2007
    :p Still wait'in on mine.....8 point is the best I've been able to take. Impressive.

12. bowtieracin

bowtieracin New Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Nice looking buck way to go!