Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shot my first ten point with my bow this morning. ;D
here are the results....

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
my hat is off to anyone who can take a deer with a bow. We arn't talking shooting skill, we're talking hunting skill there. Congrats and good eats.
Lop

·
Administrator
31,976 Posts
That's a nice buck. :cool:

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you
watched him chase a doe for about 10-20 minutes and when she went over the hill i figured all was lost, within a few minutes she went running right by me in my stand and i knew he was coming. got ready and within a few seconds he was coming toward me, he stopped @35 yards from my stand and i shot.  
took me 27 years of bow hunting to finally shoot a decent buck with my bow, all of the other ones have been little bucks or does. this one is going to find a place on my wall so i can remember this day every time i look at him.  :)

more pics...  

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Nice one  [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Looks pretty big bodied too.
Sounds like the rut is on in your area . We're not quite that far along here yet, maybe in another week or two(hopefully the latter)

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
Nice buck! Congrats on putting meat in the freezer and getting one with a nice rack to put on the wall. Looks like he was quartering toward you too. Great shot man!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Taking ANY deer with a bow deserves some respect, especially if its a deer like that. They dont get that big by being stupid, and getting close to a deer like that is not an easy thing to do. Very nice buck.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Congrats on the success. I spent a lot of time in the woods this year, never even saw a legal buck while on stand during archery season. Season ended sat for archery, gun season starts the monday after thanksgiving.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Congrats on a nice buck Brewster! I just got my first bow this year. Been practicing and hope to take it to the field next year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts