Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the range with my ar I ran about 200 rds everything went good but I noticed weak extractions on some shots I have the original extractor spring in it but I also have a wolff spring for it but its really hard to get the bolt back together and i was wondering should i just get a couple of original springs instead of the longer wolff spring??? Thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
3,272 Posts
Please be more detailed about weak extraction.
Are you referring to FTE? Short casing ejection distance?
Double feeds?
Are you shooting steel case?

Regarding making changes, i would first try different ammo, check the buffer spring length and try a haevier or lighter buffer because they are easy to change and can make the difference.
Although its very rare to be an issue with ARs, have the head space checked.
Many folks have the O ring around the ejection spring.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On a few shots of american eagle 223 the casing barley cleared the ejection port no other problems like double feeds and I never use steel case either when I fired 5.56 green tip it had alot better ejection distance from the gun and was wondering if it was just under powered ammo or do I need to replace the tiny stock extractor spring with a new one or upgraded wolff spring

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.