Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope I dont get in trouble for putting this here, If its wrong delete it..I'll understand.. (I did/am trying in the trading post, not many lookers there)

I know a bunch of you have gone to the AR style grip and stock...got a "C" stock you want to unload?? Let me know, I'd like to have one...

Thanks, A.O.

·
Registered
152 Posts
A.O. that stock sells for 29.60 on the Kel Tec web site. I think you need other parts to make it work such as the stock release assembly,left & right grip, spacer and maybe a different pin. Still looks like under 70.00 from the factory. Check out the C model detail in your user manual and you will see what I mean.I'd call Kel Tek and I bet they'd fix you up on all the conversion details.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I knew they had the whole assy for $80..just being cheap I guess...forgot that whoever changed theirs out would keep the trigger assy..looks like I better go to kel tec..

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah, I knew they had the whole assy for $80..just being cheap I guess...forgot that whoever changed theirs out would keep the trigger assy..looks like I better go to kel tec..
well, not necessarily, unless you mean for spare parts. i believe the assembly comes complete with the trigger/hammer group. i know the "E' does. though why the C would only be $80 and the E $140 i can't figure. there's not *that* much diff.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I like my C trigger from the factory. tinear I'm sure I'd like the upgrade as well, but there is no slack at all in mine. As soon as anyone shooting the rifle makes a move to the rear it goes bang. Never seen a tighter trigger group on a stock rifle. In fact I warned the boy scout troop leader and others to beware, there is no trigger creep! First move to rear and she fires absolutly every time so far and goes bang. She is waiting on me for the next trigger pull :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
i hear you about the triggers. they are not all created equally. i could definitely understand swapping out one group for another, especially if you've already done a trigger job. though it sounds to me like you left yours factory and are satisfied. i know the difference between my C and E triggers from the factory were very different. while the factory E was somewhat satsifactory the stock C had this grindy creep and snaggy break, so that's the one i did the work on. smoothed everything out to silkyness and strangely enough ~ when cocked the C trigger group has hardly *any* take-up. i've left the E alone..... for now.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Maybe mine was new enough to get the E model trigger or some of that run. I have no trigger issues at all that worry me. Just need to tell all shooters, It goes bang when that trigger is moved. No slop in the trigger safety as well. I was relieved to know and testing I tried it because I was worried the safety wouldn't work. It works as advertised and I am a happy customer with this trigger pull.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Hope I dont get in trouble for putting this here, If its wrong delete it..I'll understand.. (I did/am trying in the trading post, not many lookers there)

I know a bunch of you have gone to the AR style grip and stock...got a "C" stock you want to unload?? Let me know, I'd like to have one...

Thanks, A.O.
Talking about buying or selling in this section is OK, actually buying or selling isn't. Being this seems like more of discussion about it I'll let it be, but remember if there is any actual commerce in here then thats against forum rules. FYI you can post a link to your T/P add here.

Bam Bam

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Bam Bam...Looking like I'll be going to Kel Tec if I want this thing anyway..learned some stuff about it though...

I got more helpfull replies here in a day and a half than I did on the TP in almost 2 weeks..More SU-16 specific traffic..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts