Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just ordering a magazine extension and saw the trigger shoe from Kel-Tec. Figured I might as well order one and split the shipping cost. Anyone have any experience with the trigger shoe?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
got one on my 9..got one on my 40....well worth the money....i like the smooth....it really helps that long trigger...i super glued it on along with the set screws.....i will worry about taking it appart later if need be....gpr

·
Registered
664 Posts
I have one on my P-11 but not my P-3AT,If it is the same one it will stick out on the sides and might make it fire when you put it in the holster.If your trigger is rough take some 400 grt sand paper to it and take the grove off of the side and make it smoth ,like a combat trigger,will help.BUT make sure if you use the shoe make sure it is in side the trigger guard and NOT sticking out. :cool:

·
Registered
14,984 Posts
if i remember correctly, they are all the same shoe, and it DOES stick out, unbearably.

i removed mine, used it on my subbie.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
WARNING!  DO NOT INSTALL the KT trigger shoe on your P3 directly from the package.
There is a good reason that the trigger shoe is NOT listed under P3 accessories.  

In order to be "safe" on a P3, the KT trigger shoe would require extensive modification.

http://www.1bad69.com/keltec/triggershoe.htm

FWIW, I don't know why you'd need a trigger shoe on a 5 lb trigger, especially on a gun that is not meant to be a range toy.  YMMV.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I do not use one on my P3AT or my PF-9. I really don't think it is needed on either IMHO. The 5# P3AT trigger and the 6.5# PF-9 trigger are fine the way they are except for the long pull of both. This is a design limitation but nothing that can't be overcome with practice and patience. I just took some 220 grit sandpaper and smoothed both triggers as well as the inside of the trigger guard. Much better and no more rough edges :)

On a safety note, I agree with the ones warning about the shoe sticking out beyond the trigger guard. I know that any molded holster, such as my Guru pocket holster, would cuase the shoe to be caught by the formed holster around the trigger guard and snag the trigger possibly causing a ND. Try sandpaper and a little practice instead.

BE SAFE,
Dave

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
You can work the polymer quite easily with some judicious sanding. Wet or dry or some plumber's emery work fine. Make sure you blast it compressed air to get rid of any sand afterward.

I took all the mold marks and that little ridge on the trigger out, and while I was at it, the pebble grain finish and flash marks from the upper part of the frame. My FG looks like a blued steel gun instead of a polymer piece.

--Plex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.