Featured Anyone Using a P-11 for USPSA Production Division or Other Competition?

Discussion in 'P-11 & P-40' started by MattK, May 17, 2018.

1. MattK

MattK Member

May 9, 2018
    Is anyone using a P-11 for USPSA Production division competition? I noticed that USPSA has approved it for use in the Production division and am curious about KTOG members' opinions and experiences with regard to this. I used my Glock G26 Gen 4 for a local USPSA series recently but am thinking about mixing it up with a new P-11 for fun and because Kel-Tec rocks.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  2. 850sub

850sub Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Pensacola
    Um, I would recommend shooting a P-11 first..
    Then decide which to use.

MattK likes this.

3. MattK

MattK Member

May 9, 2018
    Thanks for the reply 850sub, great advice. I have a PF-9 and have also done a bunch of research on the P-11 so I think I have some idea of what I would be signing myself up for. Though the P-11 does not necessarily seem to be a popular choice for USPSA competition as far as I can tell I'm not concerned about this as it's mostly about practicing under a bit of pressure and having fun with pistols I actually (or in the case of the P-11 will) carry on a regular basis for me.

Couldn't find any USPSA Prod competitors using a P-11 on YouTube but did find a guy testing it out at a Steel match. It provides some good insights on the use of the P-11 for competition. He ran approximately 400 rounds in this Steel match but I've never shot more than about 75 rounds at the USPSA Prod division matches I have participated in so the heavier trigger/fatigue issues he had shouldn't be a problem in USPSA.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    850sub likes this.
  4. 850sub

850sub Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Pensacola
    Gotcha.
    The P-11/PF-9 triggers are completely different.
    The PF-9 is a pleasure compared to the P-11.
    Unless you are used to small but powerful revolvers.
    But by all means train away.
    I imagine a fast time/high score with a P-11 would hold some bragging rights compared to a race gun.

gordon11 and MattK like this.