Anyone use the supplied soft case?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by GlenVA, May 11, 2008.

1. GlenVA

GlenVA New Member

May 5, 2008
    I've been carrying around the house today in the soft case that comes with the gun. Doesn't seem to bad especially in cargo shorts. Anyone else try it??

2. cm

cm New Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Trenton, MI.
    Hi glenva. Welcome aboard.
    I store my P3AT in the solf case.
    An extra mag just fits also.
    I use a luggage lock on the solf case.
    Keeps the kids out.
    Again welcome.
    Charlie.

3. MarkTX

MarkTX New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    League City TX
    It may take awhile to get it out if you need it.

4. batwell

batwell New Member

Feb 23, 2008
  5. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Tried it once but just didn't work with the mag. extenstion.

Take care...

6. jimls

jimls New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    I use it daily. I cut a piece of dense foam to help hold the p3at upright and to add a bit more screening. I zip up about 2/3 of the way, the pistol is held upright, retained enough by the zipper not to fall out, and the my p3at is easily accessible. I've trained my fingers to slide through the open zipper and think it is as good any pocket holster for my purposes. I wore out the first one and picked up another from my son.

7. marshall

marshall New Member

Dec 8, 2004
    I have two p3at soft cases. I use one for a holster for my p3at. I use the other one for a holster for my pf9, and it works fine for that.

8. Enduro_Guy

Enduro_Guy New Member

May 9, 2008
    Good question Glen. I was wonderin' the same thing. The soft case has a belt loop that could serve as a extrenal holster I suppose even though the Kel-Tec logo is visible I still think it would simply look like a tool pouch or something. Wonder if that'd be OK? I like the idea for camping or hiking.

I'd be inclined to keep both zippers on the high side to avoid accidental opening hence dropping or losing the gun.

9. marshall

marshall New Member

Dec 8, 2004
    With the Kel-Tec logo on the case, carrying it on your belt in plain sight is probably a no-no. Concealed means CONCEALED, and there would just be too many people, not to mention the police, who would know exactly what was in the case. I think "open carry" like that might be problematic.

10. The zippered case supplied with the gun is not an option I use. The case is a neat case for sure, but it is NOT a holster.

There are many good holsters... (pocket type, IWB, OWB)....that are not over priced that are made for specific ways to carry.

Do a search on this board and you can find many options. One very creative KTOGer has converted his Kel-Tec case into a very attractive and functional pocket holster.

11. riverkeeper

riverkeeper New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Use it to carry a small digital camera

12. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    I find them great for holding & storing P11 magazines.

Packer.

13. justin81

justin81 New Member

Mar 31, 2008
    Do you have a link by chance. I've been doing searches, but can't come up with anything.

14. GlenVA

GlenVA New Member

May 5, 2008
    If it's completely zipped up in the case it is concealed. Not that I would carry that way because it would be hard to get out. The way I tried it was having it zipped up to the forward end of the grip.

15. RandyP

RandyP New Member

Dec 23, 2007
    For legal CCW use, some jurisdictions specify a holster if memory serves? I suspect that the zipper case would not qualify as a proper holster?

So even carrying using the popular belt clip attachment would not be OK in some States?

16. I looked for, but could not find, the link to the pouch/counverted to holster.

Maybe if you post a new thread with the question, some one will direct you.

Below is another neat idea.

Latigo's Koozie Pocket Holster

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1203620436

I personaly would not carry in the pouch for all the reasons already stated above, plus at least 17 or so more!

YMMV... but there are just to many GOOD options to go with a zippered pouch.

17. RetiredLt.

RetiredLt. Guest

I have used the case as a holster on occasion. I blacked out the KT logo with a felt marker.

18. GlenVA

GlenVA New Member

May 5, 2008
    I bought a Blackhawk size 1 pocket holster today. It fits the 32 and 380, the 32 a little better.

19. THE_HUNTER

THE_HUNTER New Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Black out the Keltec label with a black permanent marker,or use a seem ripper to remove it.

20. gbm5170

gbm5170 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    I use the black case to carry the P-3AT when I'm jogging. I don't care that the Kel-Tec Logo is on it. Out of physical sight is concealed. Just because I have something on it that has a company advertisement (even a gun manufacturer logo) doesn't mean there is a gun inside. There are a lot of police downtown here and I walk past them all the time. Never been given any attention.  

Besides, in most States, open carry IS LEGAL! So if it is not expressly illegal in your jurisdiction, you have no legal worries about being 'made'.

Florida is not an open-carry state (unless I'm fishing - go figure!) and I don't worry about whether people think I have a gun or not.

Having said that, I use the Kel-Tec case as I've got nothing better to use while jogging.