Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thank you!!! I thought all the CCI Quiets were at 40gr. I'll see how these Federal work, sounds like they will! Thank you!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thank you!!! I thought all the CCI Quiets were at 40gr. I'll see how these Federal work, sounds like they will! Thank you!!
Dave, in reply to your earlier comment, I'n cheap, too! But for less than the cost of a CP33, you can buy an Inland pm-22 suppressor. $200 for the stamp, $189.99 for the can, case and 4 ounces of Db Foam. It's arguably the best value in suppressors today.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thank you, Brett, I appreciate your suggestion! I may do that some day but for now, a $10 box of ammo may suit! I am really cheap!!!! haha 😬

·
Registered
33 Posts
Haven't tried the Quiet, but have the other cci subs (1000fps) & they cycle fine in my p17 & with a suppressor, they sound like a smallish book hitting the floor...

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you want quiet, I have a box of Aguila colibri rounds that have no powder and fire the bullet with the primer only. The girl in this videomsays they have a tiny bit of powder but that's the first I've heard of that. It's a little 20 gr bullet.Of course they won`t cycle the slide but they are good for back yard work.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Kel-Tec Forum mobile app
We use these for scaring of the skunks that come about...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Try the CCI segmented subsonic hollowpoints, CCI #0074. It's a subsonic load with a segmented (3 pieces of lead swaged together then plated) hollow point bullet. The bullet breaks into 3 pieces that quickly and humanely sends small to mid-sized quadrupeds (20-lb. groundhog max. so far) to their promised land. This is a quiet version of the old QuikShok load. It's very quiet out of a suppressor - quieter than a pellet rifle. Unsuppressed it's quieter than standard velocity target .22s. And out of an unsuppressed Rem. 40-X it's almost as quiet as the suppressed rifle.
Plus it shoots like match ammo - very accurate.
But the best part is the way it stops critters with 1 shot. I've nailed groundhogs out to 74 yards. With a suppressor (TAC-65) the only sound was that of the bullet impact - much like your fist hitting the punching bag.
Again, I have no financial interest in any named companies other than being a customer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
One more thing. The CCI Quiet loads are great trainer loads for young children (6+ years) out of a single-shot youth .22 rifle. Clamp on a red dot or scope to start then let them graduate to open sights. The Quiet load is accurate out to 25 yards or more depending on the rifle. And it's quiet enough that it won't bother any neighbors within 100 yards. But make the kids wear hearing protection - their tender ears are far more sensitive than our abused, "mature" ears.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't think they will cycle. They really are not intended for semi autos. The best they will do in any of mine is eject and cycle the next round in but not having enough oomph to cock the hammer, 10/22, 15/22 3 different MK Series pistols. The best luck for quite fodder in semI 22s I’ve had are the heavy 45 grain subsonics. Winchester and CCI offer some, others may as well. They function semi autos fine. The Quiets are good revolver, lever and bolt gun rounds.
Yeah, the CCI Quiet-22 won't cycle at all in my SW22 Victory with a CGS Hydra. While they are whisper quiet, not cycling sucks - especially when I was careless enough to buy a full brick. Fiocchi subsonic, also 40gr, work flawlessly.

·
Registered
839 Posts
They are the only rounds that choke regularly in my p17
That’s because they were not intended for use in semi automatics. CCI now has a Quite semi automatic load, 45 grains at 835 FPS. Haven’t been able to get any to try but I have no doubt they work fine. Supposed to be just a hair louder than the 40 grain 710 FPS quite but still below standard velocity noise wise.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts