Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to run any of the CCI Quiet or even the Remington CBEE in their P17? I was wondering about the noise level in a pistol length barrel, and function with the low velocity? TY!!! Dave

·
Registered
671 Posts
Can't find one or I would trade my CP33 for it in a second.

Reactions: DaveB

·
Registered
671 Posts
Wow, unbelievable! I walked into my favorite gun store today (less than 15 hours after my post above) and the owner asked me if I was looking for a P17. He knows I'm a KelTec fanboy. He just got a brand new one in a couple of hours earlier and sold it to me for $199. I'm very happy right now. I just have to figure out if I really want to get rid of my CP33 or keep them both. What a dilemma! After watching the above video, I'm going to fill it up with subsonics and shoot in my yard this weekend.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Wow, unbelievable! I walked into my favorite gun store today (less than 15 hours after my post above) and the owner asked me if I was looking for a P17. He knows I'm a KelTec fanboy. He just got a brand new one in a couple of hours earlier and sold it to me for $199. I'm very happy right now. I just have to figure out if I really want to get rid of my CP33 or keep them both. What a dilemma! After watching the above video, I'm going to fill it up with subsonics and shoot in my yard this weekend.
The market for 22 anything is extremely hot right now. Put it on an auction sight and you may be surprised what it gets up to. SKSs are going for over a grand, the market is insane.

·
Registered
671 Posts
The market for 22 anything is extremely hot right now. Put it on an auction sight and you may be surprised what it gets up to. SKSs are going for over a grand, the market is insane.
And that's why I'll probably keep both.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Has anyone tried to run any of the CCI Quiet or even the Remington CBEE in their P17? I was wondering about the noise level in a pistol length barrel, and function with the low velocity? TY!!! Dave
It's nice to finally be able to get back to talking about shooting again.

·
Registered
839 Posts
It's nice to finally be able to get back to talking about shooting again.
Just came home from LGS. They have 250 packs of Remington 9mm for $149. Certainly not a bargain but compared to $50 for a box of 50 Tula steel case it’s a steal. Maybe things will loosen up a bit🤞

·
Administrator
32,131 Posts
If you want quiet, I have a box of Aguila colibri rounds that have no powder and fire the bullet with the primer only. The girl in this videomsays they have a tiny bit of powder but that's the first I've heard of that. It's a little 20 gr bullet.Of course they won`t cycle the slide but they are good for back yard work.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Kel-Tec Forum mobile app

·
Registered
671 Posts
FYI Tombstone tactical has the 33 in stock for $509
I paid $299 used for mine with 1 mag back around Thanksgiving last year. It took a whole lot of cleaning and lubing to get it to perform properly (except for that first round chambering problem) so I guess I'll have to keep it. And by the way, the very first CCI Quiet 22 would not cycle in the P17 and wasn't that quiet. That was with factory lube, though. I'll polish the chamber before trying again.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I paid $299 used for mine with 1 mag back around Thanksgiving last year. It took a whole lot of cleaning and lubing to get it to perform properly (except for that first round chambering problem) so I guess I'll have to keep it. And by the way, the very first CCI Quiet 22 would not cycle in the P17 and wasn't that quiet. That was with factory lube, though. I'll polish the chamber before trying again.
I don't think they will cycle. They really are not intended for semi autos. The best they will do in any of mine is eject and cycle the next round in but not having enough oomph to cock the hammer, 10/22, 15/22 3 different MK Series pistols. The best luck for quite fodder in semI 22s I’ve had are the heavy 45 grain subsonics. Winchester and CCI offer some, others may as well. They function semi autos fine. The Quiets are good revolver, lever and bolt gun rounds.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I don't think they will cycle. They really are not intended for semi autos. The best they will do in any of mine is eject and cycle the next round in but not having enough oomph to cock the hammer, 10/22, 15/22 3 different MK Series pistols. The best luck for quite fodder in semI 22s I’ve had are the heavy 45 grain subsonics. Winchester and CCI offer some, others may as well. They function semi autos fine. The Quiets are good revolver, lever and bolt gun rounds.
22plinkster, in the video in silverback's post (#2 above) is shooting CCI subsonic. Are they better for semi's than the Quiet 22?

·
Registered
839 Posts
22plinkster, in the video in silverback's post (#2 above) is shooting CCI subsonic. Are they better for semi's than the Quiet 22?
I’ve had good results from CCI suppressor 45 grain and Winchester M-22 subsonics. The 5 extra grains in the projectile helps with cycling the action while keeping velocity down. The CCI subsonics will be fine also I bet.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I’ve had good results from CCI suppressor 45 grain and Winchester M-22 subsonics. The 5 extra grains in the projectile helps with cycling the action while keeping velocity down. The CCI subsonics will be fine also I bet.

I see the difference now. The Quiet 22 are only 710 fps 40 grain. I'll shy away from them because I don't have a revolver.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I see the difference now. The Quiet 22 are only 710 fps 40 grain. I'll shy away from them because I don't have a revolver.
Of course they all will still be loud out of a pistol length barrel. Shoot them out of a 24” to 28” rifle they will be pellet gun quiet.😎

·
Registered
671 Posts
Of course they all will still be loud out of a pistol length barrel. Shoot them out of a 24” to 28” rifle they will be pellet gun quiet.😎
I'll use them up single shot out of my 715t. Maybe some varmints will walk through the back 40.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks fellas!! Maybe I'll try the CCI Suppressor at the 45gr. in the P17 and se what happens! Shootin's fun, just wanted to see how quiet I could get without the expense of a Fed tag and suppressor. I know, I'm cheap!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All I could find today was a box of Federal Suppressor copper tip at 45gr. It will be a good trial for the CCI Suppressor HP.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts