Anyone tried the MAGTECH 95gr. JHP?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by MasterBlaster, Feb 17, 2009.

1. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster New Member

Feb 11, 2009
    A friend of mine picked me up a box of 50 rounds, but I haven't had a chance to try them yet. My pistol has done well with WWB FMJ, but jammed constantly with Georgia Arms target rounds. I would like to carry the hollow points if the gun will shoot them reliably.

2. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I don't know about their HPs but I hate their FMJs. They're not at all accurate in my guns and I've tried them in .380, 9mm, and 40S&W. I've seen this in other brands where one type of ammo is okay and another is pretty bad. The same may be true with Magtech's HPs and FMJs. I just haven't tried them since the FMJs are no good in my guns. Good luck.

3. fastcarsgofast

fastcarsgofast New Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Give us arange report when you try them out.

4. MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster New Member

Feb 11, 2009
    I shot most of my box of the Magtech 95gr. JHP, and I'm sorry to report that it didn't work all that well for me. I had a problem about every magazine or every other magazine. Most of the time, it was not extracting well, or sometimes not feeding well. So for the time being, I will continue to carry the WWB FMJ. It did great for me.

BTW - Thanks for the welcome guys!

5. dmciver

dmciver New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    First 50 rounds through my P3AT were the Magtech JHP.  Not a single problem in terms of the pistol cycling.  :)  Accuracy was acceptable from what I remember but my expectations were not very high since this was the first 50 rounds through the weapon.  I ended up with them as this is what the store had where I purchased the P3AT.  For carry I am using BB +P JHP.

6. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    These responses are typical with this kind of pistol. They are very finicky, ammo senstive little things and can be picky as all get out. I carry Magtech HPs in mine and it handles them perfectly, but WWB causes me all sorts of problems. You just have to find a round that you and your gun can both agree with and carry that.
    How many rounds have you fired through your gun up to this point?