Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if the Sellier & Bellot brand ammo works well in the PMR.

I could only get the Armscor Precision (non USA made) ammo in my area, and didn't like it. I felt hot gas and debris on my face for nearly half of the box, and had a ruptured case. I had bought some CCIs online and they worked fine, so the problem wasn't with the gun. But CCIs are expensive with spotty availability, even online. The S&B ammo seems to be temporarily available right now, so I was hoping someone has had experience with it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My PMR does not like it. It is the only round I have tried that didn't function well. On mine, S&B feeds poorly in the magazine, no matter how carefully I load them.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Jam o matic. Every two or three pulls of the trigger resulted in a jam. I couldn't even get to 5 consecutive shots without a hitch ever.

In comparing them to some other .22 mag I had on hand the rims are not very well defined. Instead of a nice crisp 90 degree angle where the rim meets the straight case wall its more of a 45 degree rounded off one. Like he said no matter how carefully you try to load them they wind up slipping over the rim in front of the previous round and that is what causes the hiccups. When actually chambered and fired they worked fine and accuracy was mostly acceptable but I won't ever make the mistake or purchasing any more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.