Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Wow $15.83 for 4oz. :eek:

The question is....is it 164% better than Break Free CLP at $5.99 for the same amount??

Welcome to KTOG

·
Registered
62 Posts
I started using it a couple of months ago.

If the metal is warmed it does "soak" in and stays slick.

I'm not using anything else now.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
FROGLUBE IS THE BEST.

I wear my "underwear" (p11) next to my skin. The FrogLube is much more comfortable than any pastewax, paint, or petroleum preservative against my tender self.

Feel free to check FrogLube prices at:
GUNSMOAK.com

·
Registered
83 Posts
I saw a thread on another forum where FrogLube had positive and negative reviews. It was either Ruger or Walther, can't recall which. I've been using Gunzilla on all my guns for about 2 years with good results. Vegetable based so no noxious fumes or ingredients, no prep, just use it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Using Froglube

I cleaned my Glock 20, my Glock 37, and my Ruger LCP with Froglube, and I was amazed at how well Froglube cleaned my guns. The Froglube did a great job as a lubricant too. The range masters/armorers at my dept. all use Froglube now too.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I think we’re more likely to run into corrosion than a lube failure.
There’s a 2 part video on youtube called “FP-10 Lubricant Elite Comparison Test Video”

I think the results from the 3 products compared to FP-10 in the video could be factual but, have my doubts about the FP-10 results.
Anyway the result show…
RemOil seized at 336 lbs. of force, Hoppes Oil @ 288 lbs. and BreakFree @ 480 lbs.
Wear testing data is really hard to find BTW

What kind of force are we talking about in a firearm...seriously?

Found a recent corrosion test for 30 different products that has some interesting results and FrogLube doesn’t do too well.
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=103924

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I know I comment on lubes all the time but I just can't seem to stay out of these discussions. IMO pretty much any expensive "gun lube" is mostly marketing BS. I just don't see how they could be so much better than a synthetic motor oil like Mobil1, or any motor oil really. Just think about what a motor oil stands up to compared to what a gun oil needs to deal with. If you want to get a little fancier and make an oil that will clean too mix two parts Mobil1 oil and one part Mobil1 ATF. That's what the local Sheriff dept keeps on hand to maintain, clean and lube all their weapons.

Grease is a good idea on parts that slide and pretty much any quality grease will do the trick. CLP is the only gun specific product I use now and it's not too expensive. It's good stuff but I could live without it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I use ballistol as a preservative, I soak my guns that like to run wet in it once every two to three months or so. I usually clean with break free and use frog lube as a weekly maintenance lube especially on Poly guns.

On revolver bores like the cylinder bores and barrel I still use Hoppes #9.

If I am degreasing I use non-chlorinated break parts cleaner.

·
Registered
139 Posts
My frog is as slick as I want him. He doesn't need anymore lube. Doesn't move as good anymore, we had froglegs last week, but he still can drag himself around by sliding on his slick tummy. So, no don't use frog lube here.

Bill

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I got some free samples at shot show. Smells good. Works fine but my days if crawling around in the woods are over so any lube would likely work for me.
At this price i will stick to breakfree when my samples give out. I did stick a few samples in my bug out bag and in the car repair kit just in case. Convenient package.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I was thinking, why would I want lube that rolls over and surrenders at the hint of peril?

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I was thinking, why would I want lube that rolls over and surrenders at the hint of peril?
:D :D

I just read a book that every time it mentioned the French it said "F_____g French" it was a joke that the author explained at the end of the book. I still smiled each time.

Of all the "snake oils" I've tried I still prefer Mobil1 or CLP to any of them.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Shot a pistol course this weekend. Hard use on the pistol. No issues. Gun is nasty dirty but a swipe with a finger and it is down to clean metal. I like the stuff but have no data to compare it to other clps

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
My caracal pistol now has about 2 k rounds through it. Cleaned it for the first time ( after the initial cleaning out the box) this weekend. Simple wipe with cloth removed all nasty stuff down to the original finish. Pistol looks brand new.

Re lubed with rem oil to see how that works.

I am happy with frog lube performance.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just recently bought a sealed C3 suppressor from Palmetto Armory, Columbia, SC. When I expressed concern to the store manager about the C3 being a sealed unit, I was concerned about being able to clean the suppressor. He said he uses Windex to clean all of his weapons. just sprays 'em down, waits a few minutes then wipes them clean. He says he has never had a problem.
I know this started out as a Froglube thread, but I noticed several "cleaning" replies so I thought I'd mention my experience.

·
Registered
27 Posts
frog lube is my go-to stuff

I'm trying to remember something about ammonia and barrels, someone help me out...if i remember right it's not a good thing?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts