Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two sub 2000 (both Glocks 17 versions). One purchased new and the other purchase recently used. The new purchase functions great. The recently purchase used gun is having a problem that I'm sure I figured out. The problem is that when you try to pull the trigger and drop the hammer... about 1 out of every 5 times the trigger just clicks and doesn't drop the hammer... sounds like the trigger bar is slipping on the sear. Explains how I found one used in a local shop here, but it was a deal. The gun shop I purchased from won't allow you to dry fire to test function. I've looked at everything inside with a complete reassembly of the gun and it still did it. All looks right except the bolt head as shown in the photo below, which clearly shows a difference in the machining. I put the bolt head from my gun that functions properly in the other and appears to correct the problem.

Now to my question again... anyone ever see this? Have they made different bolt heads in the past? Have hard time getting in touch with Kel Tec to address the issue.

I appreciate any help and feedback.

·
Super Moderator
17,762 Posts
I'm not sure about different designs. That one looks like it may have shifted slightly in the jig during machining. But I'm willing to bet if you talk to Shawn at Kel-tec and tell him you'll email him that picture, he will probably be willing to put a new bolt in the mail to you, and ask you to send in the old bolt. Just do the phone deal first. Don't hold me to that. I don't work there. But they're usual pretty good about sending parts out if they think you can do the work yourself.

I'm pretty the notch in that bolt is where the sear bar goes in to reset the hammer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't happen to have his email do you? I can't leave a message for him due to his mailbox being full. Thanks for the feedback.

Chris

·
Super Moderator
17,762 Posts
Call this number and run through the menu to get to the rifle guy. That will be Shawn. Explain the problem and ask him for his specific email address to send the picture to. They are usually available between 9am - 3pmE Mon-Fri.

Edit to add: I think I understand now. You mean his voicemail box is full. I only try to call during business hours, and rarely have any trouble speaking too a human.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts