Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need hellllp, Can't tell if she's been updated already with PICS, sorry NEWBIE

Hi guys, I've literally spent days searching on here (mostly dead links and photos) and on google trying to get a definitive answer about my pmr 30

Bought used a year ago, only shot it once, about 50 rounds, a few failures so I started searching online.

For the life of me I can't figure out the serial number posts.... mines W7J8x

I'm assuming it's an older model but has had most of the updates , can anyone tell from my photos? Is it updated? Not updated? Only some of the updates?

I'm thinking mine may be older but that one of the previous owners had it updated already.

Metal slide stamped 22wmr
Front sight is "notched out" and has 2 screws in it
NON Fluted barrel
I don't understand the firing pin cover or whatever piece of metal was welded over something. None of pics posted of that are working links that I've found
Also the mag sits wit about 1/4 inch gap between bottom n frame, I can push it up more but it immediately springs back down

Basically I bought it used from a shop, only shot it once had some Jams n failures to extract , seems like not blowing back enough or getting caught up on each other in the feed ramp, i need to know if it's been updated or not, what generation it is or was , so I can decide if I should send it in or just keep feeding it ammo and cleaning it until she runs flawless

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found some of the updates online and it seems this has had most of them or left the factory with them at when about roughly 25,000 were built....anyone else have any info to add?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi guys,
So one major problem with this pmr 30 seems to be the feed ramp or the magazine, as seen in pic, even racking the slide to load the first round , the gun jams, it slams the tip of the ammo into the side of the barrel, like it's loading it wrong, one thing I have noticed and I'll attach a pic of that too, is that both mags sit with a gap a quarter inch below the grip of the gun, I can push it up and they both pop back down immediatly, could this cause it? As if I push it up it obviously raises everyting closer to the feed ramp and barrel , I remember years ago seeing a video of a guy using some epoxy or something under the "lip' on the side wall of the mags so they would sit flush and not wiggle or have play..... anyone know what's going on here? When fired this happens as well

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do they sell an empty slide?

Looking for a slide for my 2nd pmr

Old slide has a crack

I don't want to buy the $130 slide that has the top cover and firing pin, extractors etc already installed, I just want to replace the bare slide

On Kel tecs site. They seem to only sell the fully loaded slide

Not original owner and dunno where the reciept is so I can't send it in for free repair

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
I will point out that the mag "gap" thing is pretty much normal for most semi-auto pistols. You should see how for some mags stick out of a 1911 I have.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought it used for a shop about a year and half before I shot it, had a kidney transplant, moved. And have no idea where the reciept is, shop didn't seem to be too helpful in finding a old receipt, Kel tec wants the reciept, and ever since I discovered the slide was cracked and added that to my "open repair ticket" at Kel tec , they won't reply......

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Misfit, please try to keep everything in one thread. You had 4 separate threads going for one pistol and it's problems.

I merged them all together, let's try to keep it that way. Thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Everyone is suggesting calling or sending it and I keep saying Kel tec is pretty much saying to NOT do that because with no receipt I have to pay for repairs which is pretty much like buying a new gun.

I kept adding posts because I wasn't getting much information.

I've been a member for a long time but it Seems like there's not many people left on here and overall I think after the slide cracking I'm done with Kel tec in general, $400 paperweight

Thanks anyway guys

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.