Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi There, I'm located in Pahrump, about 60 miles West of Las Vegas. Anyone in or around this area? We just recently relocated here. I have a Kel-Tec Sub2K, 9mm and a S&W M&P 9, M&P Shield 9, M&P 22 Compact & M&P 15-22. Wife carries a SIG P238 380. Anyone know some good places to shoot around here? I also have 3 Steel Targets.

Looking forward to meeting others in the area.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I've lived in Vegas for 10 years during 2 different stints, but I'm back in Utah now, where I'm from. Bought my first Kel-Tec, a P11, from Discount Firearms in Henderson in about 1998, maybe 1999. Shortly thereafter, I bought a P32 somewhere in southern Henderson, just off Boulder Highway to the west. Forget the name.

I'm in Vegas usually 2 or more times per year, generally including the SHOT Show in January. I first joined KTOG when I was in Vegas, so I still consider myself to be a Nevada Ktogger at heart.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hi There, I'm located in Pahrump, about 60 miles West of Las Vegas. Anyone in or around this area? We just recently relocated here. I have a Kel-Tec Sub2K, 9mm and a S&W M&P 9, M&P Shield 9, M&P 22 Compact & M&P 15-22. Wife carries a SIG P238 380. Anyone know some good places to shoot around here? I also have 3 Steel Targets.

Looking forward to meeting others in the area.
I have lived in Las Vegas for almost 15 years now and my wife and I love it. I also own a Gen2 Sub2k in the Glock 17 configuration. It is the only Kel-Tec I have but it has been very reliable. I just got my first bullpup carbine, the K&M M17S, in 5.56 and that is taking up most of my shooting time as I get used to something totally different than what I am used to. It has become my favorite shooter.

As far as places to shoot, I usually go to the Clark County Shooting Range in the northern part of the valley. It is a great facility and very affordable ($9.00 a day). So many of the desert shooting sites have been shut down due to irresponsible and trashy shooters. If you head east on the highway toward Vegas, you can turn off to Sandy Valley Road and go a few miles and shoot toward the mountains. Pretty safe and not busy. I usually go out toward Indian Springs and head up into the Spring Mountains by the High Desert Prison to shoot, as well as the Paiute Indian Reservation.

My EDC is a M&P Shield 9mm and I also open carry a Cougar 8000 9mm. I have a short list of other guns that each have a special purpose of use such as home defense, hunting, target shooting.

I am sure there are others in your area that can steer you to other sites closer to home, but if you come to Vegas, I would highly recommend you try the Clark County Shooting Range. It is a very safe and well laid out range.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Is the Clark County Shooting Range different from the Boulder City Shooting Range? Maybe the Clark County one was created after I left? Exactly where is it?

BTW, I have four Beretta Cougars: two 8045's (.45ACP) and two 8040 minis (.40S&W). I really love them, but I've never carried them. I planned to do so when I bought them, though. They are some of my favorite guns to shoot. Softest shooting .45ACP's that I've ever shot.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the info. I found a good area to shoot on the BLM land west of Pahrump about 4 miles. Seems a lot of folks go there to shoot and they have really trashed it up. Would not be surprised to see the BLM close it someday to shooting. Shame when the slobs ruin it for everyone else.

·
Registered
703 Posts
BLM closed hundreds of acres just 2 to 5 miles from my house here in Utah because of shooter abuse and dangerous habits. Very sad. Anyway, just make sure you stay out of the no-shooting zone around Las Vegas, which is pretty big. Metro will nail you for it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Is the Clark County Shooting Range different from the Boulder City Shooting Range? Maybe the Clark County one was created after I left? Exactly where is it?

BTW, I have four Beretta Cougars: two 8045's (.45ACP) and two 8040 minis (.40S&W). I really love them, but I've never carried them. I planned to do so when I bought them, though. They are some of my favorite guns to shoot. Softest shooting .45ACP's that I've ever shot.
The Clark County Shooting Range is north of the Northern 215 Beltway. Take North Decatur Blvd and it dead ends into the shooting range. It has a shotgun venue and pistol and rifle venue out to 200 yds.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.