Anyone have Fiber Optic sights installed?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Riverbend, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Riverbend

Riverbend New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    The P3AT would be a much more dependable defense gun itf it onlpy had someting better then speed bumps for sights. I shoot IPSC, GSSF, etc and just cannot get the hang of using the speed bumps as quick sighting sights. Maybe its my age, eyes etc but I wish there was a way to dovetail some fiber optics into this puppy.
    Anyione got any suggestions, other thaNn getting glasses, already got that covered. :cool:

2. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    fwiw, IMO, this is a 5-10 foot belly gun, not requiring high tech fancy sights.

point and shoot...if you need more, get something a little larger like a pf-9 or walther pps type pistol.

3. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Might I suggest one of the best "mods" of all, an armalaser.  www.armalaser.com.  Spectacular piece of engineering, even better customer service, and Rick (the owner) supports this board.

-Scott

4. Possumgravy

Possumgravy Guest

I 2nd the Armalaser--put the dot on the bad guy and pull the trigger! Works well in daylight too.

5. poppo

poppo Member

Jul 3, 2008
    I agree that this type of gun and it's intended use do not require fancy sights. If one can't point and shoot and hit what they are trying to, they need to spend more time at the range. :) As for the laser, as nice as it might be, I personally don't want this gun to be any larger than it already is. Add a laser, +1 or other mag extension and you might as well carry something else (IMO).

6. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Just my view, and others' may be different. But the laser does not appreciably add ANY size to the weapon. The weapon is going to take up a certain amount of space in your pocket and the laser just squares that out but doesn't add anything of substance. Of course YOMV (and it sounds like it does.)

-Scott

7. poppo

poppo Member

Jul 3, 2008
    Good point. I suppose I would have to actually see one in person to evaluate it. I went to a fairly large gun show weekend before last and only saw maybe 2 or 3 Kel-Tecs, let alone one with a laser.

8. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    If anything, I would imagine the Armalaser makes the print of the gun look less like, well, a gun in some pocket holsters.

9. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    Here's mine with the ArmaLaser and spare 6 round mag with finger extension in a slightly modified Unkle Mike's. You can see how it squares up the shape. A very pocket friendly rig...
    [​IMG]

10. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
  11. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    Note - that's for version 1.0 P3AT only. Doesn't work with the current version 2.0 design.

12. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Note - that's for version 1.0 P3AT only. Doesn't work with the current version 2.0 design.[/quote]
    Dang! Thanks for keeping me honest. Got another thread to correct.

13. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
  14. Riverbend

Riverbend New Member

Mar 7, 2008
    The mod looks good, I just wish he'd nioted how low it hits now since the rod is so much taller than the factory speed bump.
    The glue theory is a bit shaky also, but, if it works, thats good enough.

15. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005