anyone have crimson trace on a P3AT or 32?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by matheath, May 15, 2008.

1. matheath

matheath New Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Anyone have this setup? What are your thoughts/impressions? Thanks!

2. norton

norton New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    I'm very happy with mine. I purchased from shooter-resource.com it was $165
    with shipping (good people, no affiliation). I put it on the P3at and went shooting. Zero adjustment!
    It's been about 4 months and around 500 rounds, no problems.
    Mine does have a "halo" around the dot but I understand that it's normal and
    that it will be fixed/improved in the future.
    Norton

3. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Had one on mine. I did not check out the groupings befor I messed with it. I got to about 2-3" groups at about 7 yards. Without it, my P3 shots low and right about 6-7" from point of aim. Took it off to go to Florida and carried in front pocket and right cargo pocket in Desenta holster. None of family knew. Just have not put it back on yet. Great gun for my purpose. Tom :)

4. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
  5. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    I've had one on my P3AT for a couple of months now. Love it. But, I am VERY pro-laser sights on carry weapons. I've got one on all three of may carry weapons: P3AT, S&W 642 and GLOCK 30.

My opinion: No other accessory improves the capabilities of a carry-handgun more than a laser sight. The unmatched assistance in point shooting is enough to make it essential, IMO. No matter the angle, or extension of your arm, or whether you can bring two hands to bear on the firearm or only one, the laser improves your chances of putting bullet(s) on target(s) by 100% or better.

And I tend to buy Crimson Trace over the other brands. Having said that, I am considering buying a PF-9 and the new ArmaLaser rail mounted laser looks very nice.

I also bought mine from Shooters Resource. $165 shipped. Will do business with them again for sure.

6. Cap

Cap New Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Several monthes ago got mine factory direct,as the factory in Wilsonville,is fairly close to where I live.Like it very much..Increases the accuracy considerably,without adding to the bulk or weight any noticeable amount..

7. pahandgunner

pahandgunner New Member

Mar 15, 2008
    These guns are way more accurate than you would realize with the normal sights. I can get 3-4" groups at 20 yds with the crimson trace when shooting slow. But in a real situation if you're waiting to see the laser pop up you may be in trouble (if its to light out or it doesn't come on). I really like it but I'm not going to let myself get dependent on it.